• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Quick reply idea

Quick reply idea

SimbaNala

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
The only time I tend to use the full feature reply is if I'm starting a topic. Otherwise, I always use the quick reply at the bottom of the page of the thread I'm reading. I also like to get updates on some of threads I post to, others, I'll just come back through and read them at a later time. Because of that, I don't have it set to update me everytime a post is made to a topic I've replied to. I've done that, and when I get 20 other emails when someone replies to a welcome post, drives me crazy! LoL! So the only way I can "subscribe" to a topic is to click full reply, scroll down, etc.

So there is this other forum I'm member of (non-Disney) and they have a feature I love for the quick replies. Here's a picture of it:

postjl.jpg

See where it says Subscribe to this topic? It'll then email me updates anytime someone posts to the topic. So if I want to subscribe to a topic of interest, it's easier then having to click through the full featured reply page, etc to just subscribe to the one topic. Is there a way something like that could be done here on this forum? I mean, if you think enough people would use it or like it?

Just a thought :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea, shane -- I agree this would be a more "streamlined" way of doing things, as opposed to the two-step process of subscribing then replying, and i'll look into it.

for now, you can go to your settings > General settings, and edit your subscription defaults there, with the choice of instant, daily or weekly updates through e-mail.

Just an update on this, Shane -- I haven't forgotten! :) I've just been slammed at work, but I am still looking into trying to do this for everyone :)

No worries!! I understand we all have to work too! :) Don't forget to enjoy the holidays. This can wait until after the new year if need be. But the holidays only come around once a year, so kick back and just enjoy yourself and your family right now :)

Back