• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"Rapunzel at Disneyland" WDI pins -help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rapunzel at Disneyland" WDI pins -help!

LadyBarclay

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So these are supposed to be #103664 and #105012, but oh, the backs!! One has a border and one does not. By my count, at *least* one is a fake. Does anyone have pins from this set they know to be authentic?? :(. What are the backs like?

The numbers on the back are also the same on both pins. ?? -I know next to nothing about these numbers, but I had been assuming each pin's number was unique. (They both came on backer cards, and both cards have that number on them too.)

As to the fronts, Punzie and the tower has the look of an epoxy finish (to me), like a clear coat layer is over the painted areas. The other pin does not have this. I do not know if the gold tower image on the one pin necessitates such a finish, or what. They just seem very dissimilar for being from one set.

Any help is very appreciated.

a1134b6b747d6a8b970d03b9708734f3.jpg
ebe9fbcb77385137ee1332e1c0888072.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I have the entire set, purchased direct from WDI by a friend who used to work for DLR. When I get home, I can take pictures. If you're on FB, I can send them via FB messenger.

But, I believe the one with the tower is fake, just based on how it looks from the front.

LMK

pix sent of all pins, I'll take pix of the back of the one on the left (already send of the right).

I forgot how weird her yellow hair was in that tower pin.

Just a reminder, a border is NOT always an identifying factor! Lots of pins bought directly from Disney still have those pesky borders!

So, an update, I brought my Rapunzel pin bag with me to @docfish2u 's pin party yesterday and Joan (@LadyBarclay) and I compared pins..

@LadyBarclay and I discovered a few things (both pins are scrappers or counterfeits).
- for the tower pin, the scrapper is smaller than the real pin. About a millimeter or so, but noticeable. Also, the box size and the writing on the back are different (I forgot if it's smaller or larger on the scrapper).
- for the "The End" pin, the sorcerer hat stamps are more pronounced and you can feel it if you run your finger on it (as well as the backstamp) - that's on the scrapper version.

That sucks. I do not have much experience in the real / scrapper thing. My nightmare is to trade someone a fake that I thought was the sanctioned pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back