• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Reluctant Dragon shadowbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reluctant Dragon shadowbox

GreyWyvern

Figment Fan Since '84
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I finally got around to putting my Reluctant Dragon collection in a shadowbox! I was actually very excited to find an autograph of Barnett Parker who was the voice of the Reluctant Dragon in the film. Is the autograph legit? I don't know, it might not be, as I wasn't able to get it with third-party verification. But even if it isn't legit, I won't be too broken up about it. It's still what his signature looked like.

Click image for larger version

I thought I'd have a tough time fitting in all the pins, but it turns out I actually had some leftover room in case Disney ever decides to release more Reluctant Dragon pins. There is just one LE12 RD pin I am missing to become a completist!

For those interested, Barnett Parker has a short vocal solo at 2:20 in this number with Judy Garland and Sophie Tucker. His voice is certainly unmistakable :D

[video=youtube;JzU3qV0DqNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzU3qV0DqNU[/video]

tumblr_lvp5rfCZmj1r7fnz6o1_400.gif

Wow that is an amazing collection. I never seen Reluctant Dragon but need to see it now. Now it's making me want to draw a picture with him, Figment, Mushu, and all the other Disney dragons.

I love your collection and display, it's really unique! I'm in the same boat as you in that I need one pin from that LE12 set (not the Reluctant Dragon). I hope you are able to get it someday!

I love your collection and display, it's really unique! I'm in the same boat as you in that I need one pin from that LE12 set (not the Reluctant Dragon). I hope you are able to get it someday!

Thanks! But unless I inherit a fortune, I've reconciled myself to never having it. :)

OTOH... There's been a guy trying to sell the set on eBay for $10,000 for a few years now. We just need to find three other people to go splitsies on it! :rofl::rofl::facepalm:

how-about-no-bear.jpg

Thanks! But unless I inherit a fortune, I've reconciled myself to never having it. :)

OTOH... There's been a guy trying to sell the set on eBay for $10,000 for a few years now. We just need to find three other people to go splitsies on it! :rofl::rofl::facepalm:

how-about-no-bear.jpg

I've seen that ebay listing too. He won't split the set, either. You never know, though. I have some really low LE pins I never thought I'd have. :tigger: And come to think of it, we are looking for probably the least wanted pins in that set. I don't think it would be hard to find people to go for the Maleficent, Mim and Elliot!

I love the Reluctant Dragon! And the collection is perfect in the shadowbox. Nicely done! On my recent visit to LA I saw Pete's Dragon re-boot at El Capitan. They had a display of Disney Dragon items in the basement. It was so nice to see all the dragons together!

Wowsie! I only have the HM which the person who traded me disclosed they thought it was an imposter but I traded anyway because he's so cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it! What a neat display. I've got my fingers crossed that that last pin falls in your lap one day. :) Thanks for sharing.

An update!!!

Thanks to Dunyazad (from PinTalk) and our very own Merlin, I was able to add the Reluctant Dragon PTD to my shadowbox!

reluctant-frame1.jpg

It's quite a bit smaller than I was expecting, so it fit neatly between the signature and the right side of the frame. :)

Thanks very much to you both! :fig:

Very cool! I still have no idea what the Reluctant Dragon is.. lol!

You can start watching it here (broken up into seven chunks of 3 minutes each to avoid getting taken down). It's probably my second favourite Disney short of all time after Susie the Little Blue Coupe.

[video=youtube;9IijeNu3ixo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IijeNu3ixo[/video]

Good luck in getting that last pin :bigthumb:

I'll need all the luck I can get (or all the $$$ I can get!) for that one! So thanks! :D

You can start watching it here (broken up into seven chunks of 3 minutes each to avoid getting taken down). It's probably my second favourite Disney short of all time after Susie the Little Blue Coupe.

[video=youtube;9IijeNu3ixo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IijeNu3ixo[/video]

Nice! I will start my education with that clip :p Thanks!

Omg how did I miss seeing this? Wow what a lovely display I didn't know there was this many reluctant dragon pins thanks for sharing

Thanks Damien! :fig:

BTW, I'm trying to send you a PM, but your inbox is full. Could you let me know when you've deleted some messages? Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back