• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Reward icons

Reward icons

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
So I noticed the reward ICons and what a wonderful idea. I was thinking maybe you could have one of them for Pin Trader of the month. Could go by most positive ratings, acts of kindness, nominations. Then when you have all 12 months you could have a pin trader of the year. Just a thought :wavey:

And how would it be judged? Among many of us, we make about 4-5 good trades of "Grails" per year. If that many. I have either bought my pins for my MASTER collection that are not grails but match mt wants and made 1 trade for a "Grail" since January. And at DLR January trade night, I'll make a trade for a minor "Grail" that I talked and to meet up from a trader from DSF NBC.

I believe all my trades and buys that I made do not have a login name to this forum. Or, at least I have not seen there name I know them by.

Nice idea but sided to the very few that actually post and trade among yourselves?

Nice idea but sided to the very few that actually post and trade among yourselves?

I agree. For a long time the zapping circle has seemed to be somewhat exclusive from my perspective. I've only had three zapping experiences thus far and sadly to say, not all were good ones so I am choosing to stay away from it.

And like master said, when some people collect and trade difficult pins it basically excludes them right off the bat. And when anyone can just post a reference there is no stopping friends from referencing for each other. It isn't like bay where you have to have had a transaction in order to leave feedback.

I like the idea of awards, but they just need to be fairly based. Like, perhaps you could do a specific "zapping" award rather than calling it a Pin Trader of the Month. Top pin trader is too vague and difficult to quantify whereas, if you get more specific then people will know what it means.

And like master said, when some people collect and trade difficult pins it basically excludes them right off the bat. And when anyone can just post a reference there is no stopping friends from referencing for each other. It isn't like bay where you have to have had a transaction in order to leave feedback.
actually, we CAN set it up like this where it requires a trade thread URL -- which would mean the trade has to have happened on our boards [i.e. link to a sale thread is required by both members to leave feedback] -- currently, there HAS been some itrader activity that has raised some suspicions from us, and we are thinking about implementing this.

Cicada, does that mean each person would need to post in the other person's thread in order to make their trade or sale legit? Such as, if it is all just through personal email rather than PM, the people would not leave feedback for each other.

Katiefloy, I am with you.
HOW DO YOU GET A BAD ZAP?
Is is a free pin sent out of kindness. Nothing asked for in return, a gift.
How is that bad even if it was a cutie pin?
Still free and its the thought that counts.

Someone took the time to pack it, mail it and wanted to make someone happy. How can that ever be bad?
I have even sent Zaps before without any of my information (Like secret Santa). Its knowing you did it, not the recognition.
I would love to understand what a bad zap is.

I agree any time I am zapped I feel honored to have been chosen by that person to take the time out of their day and busy lives to choose ,wrap ,package and pay to mail me a pin. I really dont care what it is. Its the thought that counts. I also LOVE to ZAP other people. I like spreading happiness.

Cicada, does that mean each person would need to post in the other person's thread in order to make their trade or sale legit? Such as, if it is all just through personal email rather than PM, the people would not leave feedback for each other.
sort of -- which is why we didn't elect to implement it in the first place

yes, it would lead to more "integrity" and "meaningfulness" to the feedback scores, but we understand that most trades are set up via PM or e-mail. requiring a reference URL/thread would mean that every trade would need to have an associated thread with it, which just isn't feasible for this type of activity.

I don't know any thing about this websites/forums but what if you did it on a pin system so for instance I did a trade with tiggermickey through PM one of us would email a moderator or somthing to say a trade has taken place and they send a pin number to put in the system to register the trade?? Or something along them lines sorry if this is a farfetched idea lol

Back