• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: Game Results Posted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait how do I even do this? I’m so confused

Each letter corresponds with a number. We basically have to figure out which letter stands for which number through logic/process of elimination and fill in the spaces.

For example, number 14 - the first group of spaces is a two-letter word that ends in E. There aren't too many of those that exist. Let's say it's the word "we" (I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS THE ACTUAL WORD, as I have not done the puzzle yet, I'm just using it as an example). You would fill in the letter W in the first blank space, and then you know that W is number 5. You would write in W on top of every other number 5 on the page.

Each letter corresponds with a number. We basically have to figure out which letter stands for which number through logic/process of elimination and fill in the spaces.

For example, number 14 - the first group of spaces is a two-letter word that ends in E. There aren't too many of those that exist. Let's say it's the word "we" (I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS THE ACTUAL WORD, as I have not done the puzzle yet, I'm just using it as an example). You would fill in the letter W in the first blank space, and then you know that W is number 5. You would write in W on top of every other number 5 on the page.

Thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thursday’s Challenge = 4 points
8d1815a0e8874195c195c3129a0e8885.jpg

Complete and PM me answers before 7am Friday February 9 (Mountain Time Zone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I found some errors. Sorry. When I input into puzzle creator it jumbles the words so I re-do to try and make it easier. It looks as though I transcribed letters wrong. These are the errors I found.

2. #19 should be #13
8. 3rd word #9 should be #3
12. 3rd word #9 should be #6
14. 4th word #8 & #22 reversed
18. 1st word #24 should be #25, 3rd word #9 should be #3 & #19 should be #13
22. 3rd word last letter #10 should be #18

So I found some errors. Sorry. When I input into puzzle creator it jumbles the words so I re-do to try and make it easier. It looks as though I transcribed letters wrong. These are the errors I found.

2. #19 should be #13
8. 3rd word #9 should be #3
12. 3rd word #9 should be #6
14. 4th word #8 & #22 reversed
18. 1st word #24 should be #25, 3rd word #9 should be #3 & #19 should be #13
22. 3rd word last letter #10 should be #18
I found another one in the 3rd question-- there's a #9 in the second word that should be a #3. Unless I messed up.

@timeerkat i know you're competitive, but you also have such good sportswomanship :D haha

It's only fair if everyone undertands how the games all work.

I'm the same as y'all...it took me a bit, and I got a specific recurring word first, but then once I figured out one of the clues and filled in those letters throughout the puzzle, it all just fell into place.

For me, #21 was key. I spent about 3 hours trying to determine what that one was. Then it finally popped in my head and after that the rest of it took about 15 minutes. Maybe not the best way to go about it, but it worked! :D

Number 16 is what finally fell into place for me allowing the rest to fall into place. I figured out the word 'the' within the first few minutes, but those 2 additional letters ('T' and 'H') didn't help me much.

#15 is what I started with, it was quite simple to go from there. And yes, the spelling mistakes made it a little longer to complete but I was able to finish it sans a few edits.

#21 is what started me off, too. That second word with every other letter being E.
Exactly! I figured that should be an easy one to guess. Nope. Not for me. And man was I kicking myself when I finally got it. :D

#15 is what I started with, it was quite simple to go from there. And yes, the spelling mistakes made it a little longer to complete but I was able to finish it sans a few edits.

That's the same one I started with. Especially challenging to do when you've got a head cold. The numbers are fuzzy with or without the typos.

Fridays Spin
There were 21 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Dumbo - 7 points
  2. Kronk - 7
  3. Marie - 7
  4. Clopin - 6
  5. Hei Hei - 6
  6. Joy - 6
  7. Snow White - 5
  8. Nana - 5
  9. Mickey - 5
  10. Stitch - 4
  11. Merryweather - 4
  12. Kim Possible - 4
  13. Pluto - 3
  14. Lady - 3
  15. Figaro - 3
  16. Alice - 2
  17. Donald - 2
  18. Baymax - 2
  19. Shere Khan - 1
  20. Cheshire - 1
  21. Fifi - 1

F
Fridays Spin
There were 21 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Dumbo - 7 points
  2. Kronk - 7
  3. Marie - 7
  4. Clopin - 6
  5. Hei Hei - 6
  6. Joy - 6
  7. Snow White - 5
  8. Nana - 5
  9. Mickey - 5
  10. Stitch - 4
  11. Merryweather - 4
  12. Kim Possible - 4
  13. Pluto - 3
  14. Lady - 3
  15. Figaro - 3
  16. Alice - 2
  17. Donald - 2
  18. Baymax - 2
  19. Shere Khan - 1
  20. Cheshire - 1
  21. Fifi - 1
Finally, I don't feel too bad now :)

I would do a bonus challenge when you plan on taking a leave of absence. But it's been fun if a bit hectic trying to do challenges during my work breaks lol...

I would do a bonus challenge when you plan on taking a leave of absence. But it's been fun if a bit hectic trying to do challenges during my work breaks lol...
I'll be gone from February 18 - 22. I might try to post the Sunday challenge and then nothing till the Friday spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back