• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Saving pin images from Pinpics.com: the ultimate and final solution

Saving pin images from Pinpics.com: the ultimate and final solution

sosai x

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  1. Open your Firefox browser.
  2. Install the NoScript add-on. (It will appear as a little S in the lower right corner)
  3. Inside the NoScript add-on, disable javascript for pinpics.com. ( Right click the S and choose "Forbid pinpics.com")
  4. Right click the pin image you want, and save as whatever to wherever.
Done. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Alright so this is what drives me crazy. I am on a Mac and use Safari. I can typically drag an image or thumbnail from pinpics to anywhere else I need it to go...EXCEPT here! Anyone know why that is? It is frustrating to not be able to do it the way I can when sending emails and such.

I don't use firefox at all and don't want to take time to save each one to my computer then reload to paste here. There has to be something better??!! All I want to do it drag and drop my images. Please tell me it is possible!! :D:D

That's odd. I use Safari as well, and dragging the picture onto my desktop works just fine for me. Might it be something with your browser settings?

Well, I can drag them to my desktop but what I usually do when putting them into emails and such is have two safari windows open, one with pinpics and just drag the images from one window to the other. If I try that here it does not work. I only get this... http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=37501&sid=7504.1302318799.v2 No thumbnail. :( I am not sure why this is not working for me here.

If you drag them to your desktop then what do you do to get them here? Load them into say photobucket then post here? Then it would not be a clickable thumbnail. Maybe I am spoiled by being able to drag them typically but I can't imagine going through loading up that many images then getting links to them all to post with them when getting them to show here to make them clickable thumbs...lol There must be an easier way??!!

Well, I can drag them to my desktop but what I usually do when putting them into emails and such is have two safari windows open, one with pinpics and just drag the images from one window to the other. If I try that here it does not work. I only get this... http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=37501&sid=7504.1302318799.v2 No thumbnail. :( I am not sure why this is not working for me here.
Try this:

1. In the top right corner of any DPF page, click "Settings"
  2. To the left of the Settings page, in the My Settings menu and under My Account, click "General Settings"
  3. On the General Settings page, scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section
  4. In the Miscellaneous Options section, check the button for "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"
  5. At the bottom of the page, click "Save Changes"
Try dragging and dropping images now. Let me know if that works!

If you drag them to your desktop then what do you do to get them here? Load them into say photobucket then post here? Then it would not be a clickable thumbnail. Maybe I am spoiled by being able to drag them typically but I can't imagine going through loading up that many images then getting links to them all to post with them when getting them to show here to make them clickable thumbs...lol There must be an easier way??!!

I usually use my Mac laptop and you can copy/paste thumbnails from Pinpics to here using Firefox. (I don't remember if dragging it works too) I like Safari best but it didn't work right for the Dizpins boards and I've continued to use it for this site as well.

I am having a crap load of problems last week I was able to click the insert pic link and it worked just fine NOW all of a sudden I cant it ask me for a URl I cant drag and drop nothing I am using Firefox anyone else having this issue and how do I fix it?

Try this:

1. In the top right corner of any DPF page, click "Settings"
  2. To the left of the Settings page, in the My Settings menu and under My Account, click "General Settings"
  3. On the General Settings page, scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section
  4. In the Miscellaneous Options section, check the button for "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"
  5. At the bottom of the page, click "Save Changes"
Try dragging and dropping images now. Let me know if that works!

Thanks for the tips. I did all that but here is what I am still getting when I drag them over... http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=1386&sid=7217.1302526603.v2

Hmm... I don't get why it will not work here yet I can do it everywhere else. It does not work to try and copy/paste it either.

Back