• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrooge Snow Globe Pin (42925)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrooge Snow Globe Pin (42925)

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey guys!

So I recently acquired one of my grail pins:Pin 42925: DisneyShopping.com - Scrooge McDuck - Taking a Bath - Snow Globe Set (Pin Only)

I was super excited...until it showed up. It had no glitter in the blue like it should, but the backstamp was correct. I had never seen one in person, so I figured it might just be a manufacturing error. But then, I tracked another one down that DOES have the glitter, but has an incorrect backstamp. Neither have any of the scrapper issues and both are very glossy and fit all of the normal criteria. Here's some comparison photos.

If anyone could give me some feedback on this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

~Merlin

We have this pin, gold back and glitter. The area around the coins is very dull background has the glitter like your example.

might be factory reject
was this pin just released? if yes then I doubt any scrappers exists now

No, this pin came out in 2005 alongside an actual snowglobe. I could understand the one without glitter being the factory reject (as it has the proper backstamp) but what about the one that does have glitter? I've never seen a scrapper come out with such quality and detail. It's way better than the one with the official backstamp.

~Merlin

No, this pin came out in 2005 alongside an actual snowglobe. I could understand the one without glitter being the factory reject (as it has the proper backstamp) but what about the one that does have glitter? I've never seen a scrapper come out with such quality and detail. It's way better than the one with the official backstamp.
~Merlin

Not surprised a scrapper could be made in great detail but doesnt look bad o_o I think the glitter one looks better. Are there any pictures of the snow globe with the pin by its side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back