• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Signature issues?

Signature issues?

lunarbasket

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
I've been trying to update my signature and take off the last two pins because I've recently acquired them. Every time I try to delete the html though, I get an error that says my signature can't be more than 500 characters. But if I'm deleting lines I'm not sure why I'm getting that error...

Thanks! :)

I got this error too when I was trying to delete one of the pins from my signature. Glad you asked lunarbasket!!

Thanks too!

Hi Brittany
When you go into your settings and edit signature,are you right clicking on the image..and hit CUT?and then you save changes
I have no problem doing that,I did earlier as my pirate blinky was showing an red X.I wish theres a way I could show ya
Judy

Hi Judy!

I just tried that and no good :( I can't edit it at all without getting an error about there being more than 500 characters

Just thinking out loud...is the problem with the signatures that it is counting all the characters in a URL as part of the 500 character limit?

Bricklayer, I need taken off. Thank you for your help!! Also, did you used to have in your trades? I thought I had seen it there at one time, and when I went back to ask you about it "poof" it was gone. So sad!!!

Hmm you must've confused me with someone else. I've never owned that pin =\. I know thejessta has one for trade though. Perhaps you're confusing the Mod's trader lists :lol:

Hi,

So since I needed to update my signature since I got a bunch of the ones I had. I decided to go to the "new" route of making clickable picture links. I too ran into the signature limit. It does say that it includes BBCode. I wanted to add 10 pins and then have a little bit of text (mainly the these are my most wanted, and here's a link to my pin groups for more wants) but I didn't get that far. I did see that the limit was raised from 500 characters to 1000 characters, but do you think maybe we could get another bump in size? As you can see, I got to 8 pictures, so it doesn't need to be that much more, 1250 maybe?

Last edited:
Okay, I haven't changed my sig in awhile, and now I'm running into the same problem. I deleted a bunch from the sig, and it still wouldn't fit (I'm using an old sig that I had before this current one). In addition, trying to edit with the new editor is a nightmare as you can't see the code you're working with, and there's no character counter any where. What happened to all the old settings? (If it was the settings that changed).

Back