• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping beauty surprise pin zap game!

Sleeping beauty surprise pin zap game!

reeneibakini

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Hi everyone!
I have a beautiful sleeping beauty pin to give away so if you have sleeping beauty pins on your wants list please post your pinpics ID and why you love Aurora in this tread so I can check to see if you have it!! It will be a surprise as to what pin it is :)
Thanks for playing everyone!
Renee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh, I need to enter this! :D my pinpics ID is katdianee. In general, I have loved Sleeping Beauty since I was a little girl. I still remember going to Costco and getting my VHS so many years ago. Being a ballet dancer, I've alys connected to the music, too since they used Tchaikovsky's score. Aurora, to me, has always been a dreamer and a romantic, yet shy... And she loves to dance and sing! All of those are things I relate too. I also think it's wonderful that she puts responsibility and duty for a family she doesn't know above her own personal desires. It's an admirable trait people forget.

I am so in. I love Aurora because of her love of animals and her independent attitude. Even though she is cursed by an amazing villian she is surrounded by those who love and care about her which makes her into the person she becomes. This was one of my first disney movies as a kid and I fell in love with it. Ever since then I have loved everything including the villian from Sleeping Beauty.

Ppl ID. . Ksnuggles

I love Aurora especially as Briar Rose. So sweet, innocent and caring. Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorite princess films, first would be Beauty and the Beast and then Little Mermaid but that's besides the point. lol. I also love Fauna for the same reasons that I love Briar Rose. :) Pinpics is MMiano

I'd like to be included in this game. I have a very small side collection of Briar Rose/Sleeping Beauty pins, since the film reminds me so much of my Grandmother. It was one of her favorite movies, and she especially loved the "Once Upon a Dream" sequence. On the whole, I think the character design for Aurora is one of the most beautiful in the Disney repertoire. I love her loyalty to the fairies, but also her independence when it comes to doing what she believes is the right thing for her.

And having said that, it's now time to go watch Sleeping Beauty again. :) Thanks for the game, it's really sweet of you to offer.

I'd love to be included. Sleeping Beauty has always been one of my favorite Disney movies because I love the style that it is drawn in. The forest backgrounds, the costumes, and the characters are all done in a distinctly gothic style that I find beautiful. And I love Aurora's voice! Her dance with the forest animals is always my favorite.

I love Sleeping Beauty the movie. We collect many aspects of it. We collect Briar Rose, Maleficent as a Dragon, the fairies (particularly Merryweather) and Aurora in Blue. I love how she was raised by the fairies with simple integrity and how the fairies gave up everything for her... at least for a while. I love the Briar Rose scenes where she is with the animals and they try to be her prince. I love how the prince steps in to dance with her and how they find out the arranged marriage IS the same as the two people in love. I could go on and on...

I love Sleeping Beauty, it's one of my main collections. I've been watching it since I was little, the artwork is beautiful and the characters are such fun. I have Aurora in her blue dress and her Briar Rose outfit. The 3 good fairies in their peasant garb are a blast, their differences are great. I love Merryweather cleaning the room & her fight with Flora over the dress color. Fauna's cake is one of my favorite scenes ever made.
Marc Davis did a beautiful, amazing job on Maleficent. As did Ollie Johnston & Frank Thomas on the 3 good fairies. Eyvind Earle did a beautiful, amazing job on the backgrounds.
I love this film.

pinpics ID: Doodlebug86

Sleeping Beauty has always been my most favorite Disney movie ever since I can remember! I love Aurora/Briar Rose for her naivete, her love of animals, and she always seems to see the best in people. I have always been in love with her voice (Mary Costa) ~ I wish I could sing like her, it is so melodic! And, of course, you dare forget Maleficent! She is the best villain ev-er! :)

pinpics: sabrinanadine

Last edited:
Love this! I'm another huge fan of the design of the movie... The mid-century look is carried throughout from the characters to the scenery. And who doesn't find themselves humming "Once Upon A Dream" every now and then? Most romantic song/scene ever!

ETA: thedock on pinpics! ;)

I would love to nominate poohlady5 for this zap game please.
she really loves everything about Sleeping Beauty.
her pinpics name is poohlady5 .
thank you for running this free zap game .

I love aurora ever since I was little she has been my favorite character. She is nice and friendly, there is also a humbleness about her because she didn't know she was royal or important, she was just happy. I also love the music in it. My pin pic id is queennikki1234

I still have not found the pin on anyone's wants lists but I love reading everyone's posts!!! I c any believe no one has mentioned how awesome her hair is!! :p

So kind of you to run the zap game Renee :)
Sleeping Beauty is my favourite Disney film (Frozen is a close second now though!), I remember watching a worn out VHS tape of it over and over as a kid, so much so that some parts were missing. When I bought it on DVD years later I was amazed that all of these 'hidden' scenes had suddenly re-appeared :lol: It really is such a classic, like a stained glass window come to life :) Also, we have SB castle at DLP so I've always felt closest to Aurora!
My Pin Pics is the same as my DPP - Ammonite, DPP is probably more up to date though!

This is very nice of you :) My pinpics is fordracing

Oh sorry forgot to mention why I love Aurora. I love her for many reasons and Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney movie. I love her because of her innocence, kindness and her voice is amazing. I love how she loves the animals and the fairy godmothers and how they love her back. The fact that she doesn't do this just because she is a princess (well she doesn't know she is a princess) but it does brake her heart when she finds out that she is and can't be with the one she loves (not knowing he is the prince she is supposed to marry) lol hope my rambling makes sense.

Last edited:
I'd like to be included in this. Pinpics is Jessa. I really actually didn't love Aurora before, I was such a Maleficent fan I felt obligated to hate her as well. But as there needs to be light to every darkness, Aurora grew on me. Her innocence and also her character design! She's one of the prettiest, in Briar rose form is my favorite. Also, she's my mom's favorite and probably the princess I'd be closest to as sleeping is my favorite past time ;) Thanks for this!

Thank you everyone for playing!! I found a winner for the sleeping beauty pin and even a couple consultation prizes!!! I will mail them early next week if not sooner :) so be on the look out! Thanks again everyone for sharing your love of sleeping beauty with fellow sleeping beauty lovers :)

Hi everyone! I am very very sorry I have not gotten anyone's zaps from this game out yet! Life has been a bit chaotic for me recently but if I don't get them out this week next week is spring break and I will definitely get them out then!! Sorry again for the delay!
Renee

Back