Star Wars Snowflake pins

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by SnowEvil, Sep 29, 2018.

1. SnowEvil

SnowEvil New Member

0   0   0

Heading home from WDW this summer, I wanted to trade with a Cast Member at the airport but my pins were packed in my suitcase so my daughter traded one of her pins (Darth Vader snowflake) for me. She has since mentioned regretting/missing that pin, so I was trying to surprise her with it. I’ve been reading on this forum about all of the fake pins, so I thought my luck might be better if I got a sealed booster pack off an eBay auction, but my booster pack (Pinpics 119142) arrived today and I’m thinking I’ve just bought counterfeit pins.

Does anyone have the authentic pins in their possession & if so, is the topcoat shiny & smooth? The pins I have are a little flat/chalky feeling and that just seems suspicious to me. Does anyone know if this set has been faked?

Thanks!

2. nateeter

nateeter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It has been faked. I happen to have a full extra set still in the package... they got two in at my Disney Store and I grabbed both (one for me and one to trade). I can pull mine out later to check for glossiness, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SnowEvil

SnowEvil New Member

0   0   0

Ugh. Thanks for the info though. Please let me know how your authentic pins look when you get a chance. Also, if you’re looking to sell a Darth Vader, I’m looking to buy (new to trading though so I don’t have traders yet). Thanks!

4. nateeter

nateeter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ok, so they’re not glossy... it’s kinda like a flat smooth. I’ve included a few pictures of the Vader for your comparison. If you think you don’t have authentic ones after comparing, let me know and I’m sure we can work something out. ;)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowEvil likes this.
  5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

I also have this pin and I can trade or sell it. It's legit... I bought it directly from Disney. If I can help, please let me know.

SnowEvil likes this.
  6. SnowEvil

SnowEvil New Member

0   0   0

Thanks so much for the replies! I’m away from the set for the day but will compare them to pics @nateeter sent. Happy to know there are some legit ones out there as well. Thanks!

nateeter likes this.
  7. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

FYI, if you think the set you bought from the bay is counterfeit, you can write to the person you
    purchased from and get a refund.

SnowEvil and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  8. SnowEvil

SnowEvil New Member

0   0   0

The back looks fake to me, especially when compared to pics from @nateeter. Counterfeit pins are such a bummer! I will contact the seller I purchased them from as @momin.ator suggested.

Edited to add photo [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. SnowEvil

SnowEvil New Member

0   0   0

So I contacted the eBay seller as @momin.ator suggested and they agreed that the backs on the set they sent me looked strange. The seller said they had a legitimate set from the parks that they would exchange for the set they had originally sent me (suspicious?!).
    I’m attaching pictures of this new set and they look pretty good to my untrained eye. My daughter will be thrilled to get her Darth Vader pin, but I’m still questioning the pins and the seller. Anyone see anything suspicious in the photos of these new pins? (There are images above from @nateeter for authentic pin reference)
    Album — Postimage.org