• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: Thinking of Running a Game...

How many lots and what prize mixture?

• One big WDI and the rest medium and small lots (a few may be slightly less value than entry $) - $30

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Medium lots including WDI/DSF (most/all equal or greater value than entry $) - $25

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Medium/small lots with more pins per lot (all equal or greater value than entry $) - $20

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 20 lots

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 25 lots

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 30 lots

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed Game: Thinking of Running a Game...

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
348   0   0
I'm thinking of throwing another batch of pins up into a game since my trade game has been slow lately, but not sure what all I should offer as a mix of prizes.

I set the poll to allow two responses; please choose one of the top three choices (prize lot mixture) and one of the bottom three choices (number of game slots).

Note that the choices are strictly for the main game prize pool and do not include options such as grand prizes or consolation prizes. These are pretty much a given, as I like to include them in all my games.

Thank you for your input, everyone!

So far the voting is leaning very heavily towards medium lots with DSF/WDI. I'll leave the polls up for another day or so, but now I have a guideline when I go to pull pins for the game.

Voting is tied between 25 and 30 lots, so it might just depend on how many pins I have when I start pulling them out.

Reactions: Ajk
Judging from the numbers, it looks like most folks had as hard a time of deciding between 20, 25, and 30 as I did. For me, it is very much "It depends". If you have enough pins that you can make 30 great sets, go for it! That just means more lots to buy up and more chances of getting good stuff. But if the "quality" is going to fade a bit at the end and they are more likely to all be double-plus-good with a lower number, make it 20. And even if you do have enough to make it to 30, keeping it to 20 just means you are half way to another pin game for us all to look forward to! Of course, more lots means more $ for you, which is certainly an important factor as well.

I wanted to give people the option of input in case someone had strong feelings either way. Like, they would want to join a 20-slot game over a 30-slot game since their chance of getting a specific pin lot would be better, or they really like 30 slots games since the prize pool is more varied.

I like games with lots of different characters on the pins. When deciding to play a game, I ask myself would I want at least half the pins or lots. If it is something that I'd like in at least half the lots, then I play. That's my personal guide on whether to play or not.

Your last game had great variety even at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back