• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tracksorlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracksorlando

TRACKSORLANDO

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pin collection is a topical collection relating to trains,trolleys, and momorails.The collection numbers more than 200 pieces. I also collect pins of my topic from other groups.
I have 2 pins from 1950 from Lionel trains. I am in the process of creating a new pin featuring a locomotive built in the 1850's. My memberships also include The Monorail Society, The National Railway Historical Society and The National Model Railroad Association. I Have driven staem and diesel locomotives, Monorails, trolley and interurban equipment. I have contributed to three books. I have riden trains in more than 20 countries. Not bad for a person 68 years young.

Hello and welcome. I'm also a "senior citizen" and I love trains. We rode the train from Houston to Baton Rouge all the time when we were kids. The porter used to have to help us over the "connection" between cars when we went to the dining car. I have also done the Chama narrow gauge train and the Durango/Silverton train. We also took the special tour of the Grand Canyon Railroad where they would stop the train, everyone who wanted pics would get off and then the train would back up and come around again. It was such a great experience to see the steam locomotive coming amost right at you. Let me know what pins you might need for your new frame and I'll see if I can help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back