• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Trade Request from PinPics, but no References?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Request from PinPics, but no References?

miladymajor

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Good morning!

I just received a PinPics trade request that I would really like to accept. However, the trader does not have any references on the DizPins reference center under the email address she used to send me the trade request. I know it is frowned upon to wait to ship your pin until you receive the other trader's pin, but I also want to make sure I would receive my pin if I accept the request!

I have composed a very polite email thanking her for the trade offer and asking for references...if she can not provide any, should I politely walk away or should I ask her to send her pin first? I've not been in this situation before and want to make sure I handle it properly.

Thanks for your help! :)

When I first got started, which wasn't all that long ago, I would offer to ship first to help ease the traders concern at my lack of references...if they don't have any references, I don't see anything wrong with asking them to send first as long as your reference list is well established.

Ask if they have refs on Ebay or under another email addy,I know I ran across a few that use a diff one for refs and for Pinpics requests

Judy

Waiting to ship your pin is not frowned upon as long as you let the other person know that is what you are going to do and they agree to it. I would strongly advise you to tell the person that you will trade as long as they ship their pin first and then you will ship once you receive it and provide them with deliver confirmation.

Even if someone points you to a different email or ebay name, that is no guarantee it is actually them. Lots of email addresses and ebay ID's are general and do not indicate it is in fact that person. There are some serious flaws with the Dizpins references system which I won't get into because I don't want to give anyone any ideas..... Also, there are people that have been banned from Pinpics several times that keep creating accounts and sending requests out. You've got to figure that they were banned for a reason so trading with them without protecting yourself first would be unwise.

Good Morning!

I totally agree with erudolf. There is no harm in asking the person if they would not mind sending their pin to you first, simply because they do not have any references. Encourage them as new traders and tell them you will be leaving them a reference, and that soon they will accumulate references by trading and will no longer have to prove themselves. Also, explain that it is a safety precaution used by many traders.

Good luck and hope all works out for you and her too!

I know that I've only made one trade through pinpics, so I don't believe I have any references either. If shipping in the U.S I offered to do shipping confirmation to let them know that they can check on their pin and make sure I actually shipped it. However, that trade went badly but not on my end = (

Maybe offer that, but if it were me on the other end of your deal, I would be happy to ship my pin first! Allows me to get some good references in there!

Yeah, I'm just echoing what's already been said at this point; but when I was new and without refs a few months ago, I had no problem sending first.

-JD

Waiting to ship your pin is not frowned upon as long as you let the other person know that is what you are going to do and they agree to it. I would strongly advise you to tell the person that you will trade as long as they ship their pin first and then you will ship once you receive it and provide them with deliver confirmation.

Even if someone points you to a different email or ebay name, that is no guarantee it is actually them. Lots of email addresses and ebay ID's are general and do not indicate it is in fact that person. There are some serious flaws with the Dizpins references system which I won't get into because I don't want to give anyone any ideas..... Also, there are people that have been banned from Pinpics several times that keep creating accounts and sending requests out. You've got to figure that they were banned for a reason so trading with them without protecting yourself first would be unwise.

I agree with Erudolf also!

Thanks so much for the helpful advice everyone! I really do want to make the trade, so I will ask her kindly to ship her pin first and I will leave her a reference when I receive her pin. I have already given her my references, so we should be good. I just didn't want to break pin trading etiquette! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back