Tutorial: How to "Ignore" a member

Discussion in 'Forum Rules & Guides' started by TheGrimGrinner, Dec 30, 2011.

1. TheGrimGrinner

TheGrimGrinner Mortals pay a token fee DPF Charter Member

Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0

Seems like this keeps coming up, and it might be nice to have something set up to show people how the ignore function on this site works. It's pretty simple, and only takes a few clicks.

First, visit the members profile and on the left side of the screen you will see an information box displaying the user's handle, profile photo, and links to various options. One of these links is "Add to Ignore List." Click on that.

[​IMG]

This will bring you to a new page that confirms that you really want to block this member. Click yes.

[​IMG]

The request will be processed, and that member will be on your ignore list. Now, whenever that member posts in a thread, their posts will look like this:

[​IMG]

Rather simple feature that needs to be used more often. Hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to post here. Also, if you feel there's a time when this thread may be helpful, feel free to bump it!

Thanks, and happy trading!

Grim

2. katpogo

katpogo Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Grim, does this block them from pm'ing you and from you seeing their posts?

3. TheGrimGrinner

Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0

It does block you from seeing their posts (by displaying the 3rd picture above), but unfortunately there is no way to block only one member from PMing you. You can turns PMs off from all people though, but that might not be what you're looking for.

4. Moondance

Moondance Pусcкая Poбйн

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

What? People I've ignored have said they sent me PMs....maybe they were lying :p

Glad you put this up!

5. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    211   0   0

I have blocked a lot of members that hurt me and I really enjoy being here now . No more rude remarks ! Thanks for posting this Grim .
    Moondance ... so happy to see you back . I tried emailing you , unsure if you got it , but I missed you .

6. DoomScarf

DoomScarf Member

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0

Perhaps this should be a sticky or something...

7. TheGrimGrinner

Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0

This thread gets a poo flinging *bump*

[​IMG]