• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WANTED: kind souls and scrappers/counterfeit pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
WANTED: kind souls and scrappers/counterfeit pins
Of course Judy! Gladly! :) The kids are like gypsies, pirates, or pin collectors - they love ANY shinies. . . lol

I'll PM you mailing info!

THANK YOU DPF MEMBERS!!!!

After what one could term one of the suckiest weeks in recent history for my husband and I due to deaths in both our families as well as job stress, ya'll have managed to shine a huge light! Today after returning from WDW for an impromptu "lose the funk" visit, I checked the mailbox and holy cow!

As of 3/17, I have received over 215 pins for the Autism Awareness walk! You guys and gals rock! And made me giddy as all get out when I counted them up tonite, as the bag I'm storing them in for now has become super heavy!!

Pat yourselves on the back friends - you are doing a great thing for a great cause! Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

:hug: DPF members truly are :angel:

- :eeyore: Cassie

Thanks Rocke, however the event is Saturday morning. Depending on how well it is received, I may start collecting for next year's event soon! I'm just not sure where I'd put all the scrapper pins by then!! Still waiting on one parcel, then I'll post a final count. May I just say though, DPF members are truly awesome and very giving! I can't wait to see what the final number is!!!

:hug: :angel:

Thanks!
-:eeyore: Cassie

Hope the event goes well! Report back with pics if possible -- i'm sure everyone would like to see their donations at work :)

Funny.. I was JUST thinking about this exact topic.. and was saying to myself, I will look and see if there was an update about the event when I get back on the boards :) Thanks for asking. Definately excited to hear about the event :)

Although I don't have any pins to donate, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for doing this. As a fellow teacher, this brought a huge smile to my face. Not only are these great 'prizes' for children with autism, it also is helping to get scrappers out of circulation. Thank you SO MUCH for doing this!

Hello friends! :wavey:
Sorry it has taken me so long to update/post pictures. Due to a family emergency I was unable to attend the walk, however I received a full report upon returning to school Monday. The pins were a HUGE hit! In all, close to 400 scrapper pins were collected as game prizes from DPF members! :angel: I'm not sure how many were left by the end of the event, but I was told that the games were some of the most popular things to do at the walk because of the pins. Since games were free, alot of times they loose their novelty after one or two rounds. However, alot of children played the games multiple times so they could get more pins - not only for themselves but also one for mommy, daddy, sis, and brother. I was personally told of several children who came home with at least 5 a piece!!!
Unfortunately, due to USPS not having the same schedule as us working folk, Brea's box of pins (yes. . BOX!!) did not arrive in time for the event. However I did receive all other pins sent. I apologize for not updating or PMing as I received them. :( But now, for some really awesome news! :hsd:
Due to the overwhelming success of this year's walk, we WILL be having it annually on our side of the county! :hsd: WHICH MEANS. . . I am now collecting scrapper pins for next year's event! :lol: Already, there are close to 400 pins thanks to Brea alone!! I'm going to be keeping them in a box in my apartment until the time of the walk next year.

So please, if you would like to contribute for next year's walk, feel free to PM me anytime for the addy to send your unwanted scrappers!

I cannot thank the members of DPF enough! :bowdown: You guys and gals seriously rock some hardcore socks and helped to, in the words of one of my students, "get this party started!"

Thanks again!
-:eeyore: Cassie :D

Pictures from event

We only got 2 photos, but rest assured the pins went very very quickly! I don't believe we have very many left over! :hsd:

:hug: Thanks again!

:eeyore:

Attachments

• pins 1.jpg
    pins 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 33
  • pins 2.jpg
    pins 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.