WDAC Event Name Badges

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by chubs191, Apr 30, 2018.

1. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

Hey Everyone!

Guess who's back! Back again. Chubs is back and I'm making wooden badges for anyone who's going to the event who wants them. Here's how it works:

1. Provide me with either a character, theme, or ride.
    2. Your name of choice (forum/pinpics/real name)
    3. (OPTIONAL) A coloring page or line art you like
    4. Images must be high quality of 800x800 pixels or more.
    5. Some art is a little bit shaggy on the lines, like it's drawn with a pencil. I will not be able to accept those. Lines have to be crisp for it to work.
    6. Maximum height or length for your badge is going to be 3.5".
    7. Everyone will get the same font for their name.
    8. I'll engrave you design and give it to you at the event!
    9. All requests and art must be received by August 1st 1 PM EST. May 31st 1 PM EST June 14th 1 PM EST

While these are mainly for those who are going to the event, as long as you make the shipping label for me to send it, I can also mail these. The deadline for these will remain the same due to time.

If you requested one last year, you may request one additional one this year for yourself. For anyone else in your party, you may request up to three for.

I'll have a table on Thursday in the Coronado, where you can come pick up your badge, or we can arrange a meetup on Friday.

Here's the samples from last year:
    [​IMG]

I still have plenty of materials leftover from last year! However, I would accept donations of wood left for me at my local Home Depot or button backs from Walmart. Please contact me if you'd like to make that donation. If you'd like to donate monetarily, please consider donating to a charity or buy from your favorite starving artist.

Going to the Event Request List-
    AJK (3) - 3 DONE
    Nateeter (3) - DONE
    PilotPrincess916 (2) - DONE
    FuzzyBunny (2) - DONE
    Screwsef (1) - DONE
    Xdattax (2) - DONE
    Jaac98 (1) - DONE
    Khossler (3) - DONE

Not Going to the Event List -
    PrettyOmi (3) - DONE
    CawCawRawr (3) - DONE
    Cyke23 (2) - DONE

Thanks to the following people who helped with this project last year!
    Timeerkat
    Hopemax
    Jprincess
    Newlyaddicted

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Sami, Pinasaurus and Pilotprincess916 like this.
  2. echan50

echan50 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I'm not attending the WDW event this year but I did want to comment that your badges are amazing.

Is there a chance to get a badge after you have made badges for those attending the event? I'll gladly donate to help with cost of supplies.

3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

For anyone on the fence (why would you be, though?), these badges are AMAZING in person! I've worn mine to last year's trade event and one or two trade events out here and I always get tons of compliments about them!

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  4. chubs191

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

I'm giving the option to those not attending this time around. You just have to make your own shipping label :D

5. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

These look awesome! Could I please get one with my IG name - Pinnerdo? (One of these days I’ll change my name here, but like the alignment with pinpics.). Character would be maleficent. Art is all you!

Also, my wife is not on here and doesn’t do pins, but will be with me and I think would love the artistic beauty of these. Is it possible to get one for her as well? She loves Judy Hopps and her name is Michelle.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  6. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

Ooh I'd love one! Choosing is going to be tough though...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7. Pilotprincess916

Pilotprincess916 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Wow!! I absolutely love this! Makes it so much easier to put a Pinpics name to a face!

I’m going this year and would love one! I’ll have to dig for a picture. Do we PM you with the info and image or send to you by email?

As the days get closer, I get more and more excited for this event

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. chubs191

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

Individuals who have not requested one before may ask for up to three.

You can post the picture here along with what name you'd like on it. It makes it easier for me to track.

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  9. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Like @timeerkat said, we got TONSSSS of compliments on these last year. Everyone was so jelly!!

I can't make it this year and I'm still happy with mine :] Thanks @chubs191 !

10. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    460   0   0

Yes! These are really spectacular! I even had a CM Pin Manager comment and say how much she loved them. :D If you're on the fence, definitely get one! :3

11. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Do we do this in paypal?

12. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

3?! Wooohooo...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

13. chubs191

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

I believe you can, or paypal.com/shipnow. Have your address as the sending address and the recieving one, so that even if it's lost it'll find its way back to you.

You can choose the standard pin weight, 3 oz. First class up to 16 oz option is what's the least expensive. I don't glue the backs on when mailed, I just make the badge part.

You can then PM the label to me and I'll send it on its merry way when your badge is done.

Sadly, I can't apply this method to international mail at this time. If you do an order through Merlin though, I'm sure he'll be happy to include it in your package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

timeerkat likes this.
  14. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

In thinking about the name for mine, do you think you could get both my IG name (pinnerdo per my earlier post) and my name here (ajk) on it? That way I cover both my bases. I guess technically I could ask for two separate ones but I have no idea what I would want on the second one. Maybe Jack Skellington. Do you have a suggestion on going with one badge with both names or two separate names?

15. nateeter

nateeter Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

These are so amazing! And so generous!

I’d love to have one with Daisy and Donald and my PinPics/forum name (nateeter).

Could I also request for my mom and mil who are attending with me?

If it’s not too much, my mom would love Olaf with her name, Denise. And my mil would love Cinderella with her name, Virginia.

We are so looking forward to our first pin event and meeting some kindred Pin spirits!

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  16. Pilotprincess916

Pilotprincess916 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Can I have two please?

Both with my username: PilotPrincess916

First one would be Meeko:
    [​IMG]

Second one would be Wall-e (pick whichever one works for you)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you!!!!

17. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I am not coming to the event, but I will do the print a label thing, I'd like to request 3 since I have not had any made before!

1. Nick Wilde, Robin Hood, and Loki!
    2. pretty Omi
    I'd have to check around if there's any specific artworks I recommend using, but you seem to always make amazing choices for everyone here!

Edit:
    Would either of these work for Loki?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Pinasaurus

Pinasaurus PinPics: Pinasaurus

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

These are great, fun idea! I love the smell of that thin birch after it's been laser etched. Way better than a batch of acrylic! : D

19. chubs191

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

Just a quick update before I begin replies: I may not have access to my laser after June 1st. I'm going to try to get it moved, but the room it's in is getting renovated for up to 3 months. Until I get clarity, the due date is going to be May 31st for everything.

Two names on one badge may end up looking cluttered. I'm happy to make more than one for you.

You got it.

The lower Wall-e should work.
    I may be able to get the lower one to work. I'm gonna look for cute alternatives first.

Thank you!

Pilotprincess916 and pretty Omi like this.
  20. chubs191

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

Anyone know how to get tables to work in the new forum?

21. Kiragigi

Kiragigi Active Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

[​IMG]

I just wanted to show everyone my tag from last year has its permanent home on my Dug board bc I love it so much! (I’ll be taking him out to wear again this year :)

22. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Can I have one with my username swscref please? Thank you.

[​IMG]

23. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Darn. I was hoping that with AJK being so short it would be doable, but I 100% leave it to your judgement. Thanks!

24. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

25. echan50

echan50 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I can think of 2 themes easily but for my 3rd I'm tempted to ask if you could make one related to my favorite Korean pop group with the fandom name :D but that might be a bit much, lol.

Would it be easier to for the badge design to be the Pixar ball or could a design with the Luxo lamp and ball be possible (like my avatar). I think having 2 objects in a single design is too difficult.