• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Announcement Welcome to DPF v2.0 (beta)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement Welcome to DPF v2.0 (beta)!

Cicada

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all! First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who donated for their support in making this forum upgrade possible. It's been a long time coming, and there's still a way to go, but we met most of our upgrade goal thanks to all of our wonderful members and donations!

I do apologize for it taking a while to get this upgrade rolling, but the recent forum pains with all of the popups and our inability to tame them, and help from @starry_solo along with all of the PM's and all of the member voices forced the upgrade through. I do have to take ownership and say that I have been swamped with personal stuff and taking on new job responsibilities at work, so the upgrade was constantly being put off, but the most recent pop-up attack made me sit down and get it done, as I still want this place to be the best resource for Disney pin traders.

It took a while, but transferring 7+ years' worth of forum posts, feedback, users, comments, private messages, etc. is a big task that I was a little afraid of, but it all seemed to go through just fine.

There were some hiccups, and the forum was down for a bit longer than I would have liked, but I wanted to make sure everything worked as well as it could before I re-opened the forum. To put it all in perspective, here's some numbers:

• Almost 3GB of data (not a lot in terms of sheer data, but in the case of a forum database, which is just text, that is quite a lot!)
  • Over 1.5 million Private Messages
  • Nearly 1 million posts
  • About 65,000 threads
  • Over 45,000 iTrader feedback had to be ported over to the new feedback system.
  • Nearly 8,000 active DPF members
I've spent the last few days looking things over, but it's very easy to miss on a forum of this scale — if anything seems weird or funny, or you're not seeing things you think you should (or seeing things you think you shouldn't!) let me know in this thread!

What's New in DPF 2.0:
  • New look and feel — from the new forum software. The look will change as I start finding more time to update the appearance of the forum.
  • Responsive design — The forum should look better and be much more usable on mobile devices.
  • No more pop-ups! — The new forum software is much more secure.
  • User Tagging — Use the "@" symbol and start typing a username to tag them in a post. They will get a notification that they've been mentioned!
  • Post Liking — You can now "like" posts.
  • Much faster page loads — enabled by the new, more efficient software.
  • CHAT! — Click the link up top and test out the all-new chat room — new to DPF 2.0.
  • Two-Factor authentication — Can be enabled for registered users as an additional safeguard and security for your account. To enable Two-factor authentication, click on your profile (top-right), and then "Two-Step Verification". Follow the instructions to enable Two-Step Verification. You will need to download and install Google Authenticator on your mobile device in order to log in (Android Google Play | iTunes App Store).
  • Administrators and Super Moderators — you will now be required to use two-factor authentication, for security purposes. Download and install Google Authenticator in order to log in (Android Google Play | iTunes App Store).
There are still some things that the forum needs to bring it up to speed and modernize some of the features, so I do plan on having a "Gold" subscription that will enable some extra features like bigger PM boxes, and other perks for supporting the forum.

Additionally, if you'd like to just donate and help us get some more additions to the forum, we will gladly continue to accept donations for supporting the forum :) — We do very much still need help with the ongoing server costs, as those are to the tune of almost $200 monthly, and it's beginning to get difficult to maintain the cost(s).

You can use this url for direct paypal donations: Pay Bryan Gateb using PayPal.Me

You can also support me and the forum by updating your
Amazon homepage link to point to my affiliate link, or by purchasing by using any Amazon links people post around DPF. Using my link costs you nothing extra, and helps support myself and the forum!

I am still working on adding things back — updating the look for the forum, adding back our old smilies, checking permissions, installing a better marketplace/trading system, and much more!

So, this is DPF v2.0 "beta" for now. As I can continue to work on the forum (with enough $ and resources), i'll keep everyone posted with updates!

Welcome to your new home!

-Cicada

Last edited:
I am so impressed!!! The upgrade was completed so quickly and it's soooo wonderful not having all the pop-ups! Really enjoying the new site...THANK YOU!!!!

The chat glitches, sometimes it won't let me scroll to see the new messages and it messes up. Pictures are a problem and signatures disappeared.

I've just noticed all of a sudden that we are getting some junk posting. Looks like bots are signing up and posting trials for medication (standard junk mail type of stuff), so I was wondering if the registration process could get tweaked? Maybe a Captcha or something to get rid of the bots? Just a thought. :)

I've just noticed all of a sudden that we are getting some junk posting. Looks like bots are signing up and posting trials for medication (standard junk mail type of stuff), so I was wondering if the registration process could get tweaked? Maybe a Captcha or something to get rid of the bots? Just a thought. :)
Trust me, we've noticed it and we're banning/deleting as soon as we notice the posts. But that's a great idea, maybe @Cicada can arrange something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back