• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL Well, I need to keep pin trading I guess - mystery of the Tink Grail finally solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAIL Well, I need to keep pin trading I guess - mystery of the Tink Grail finally solved

Purplemandms

Like the candy!
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I don't think much is going to top this.

30f611bbb610b6a3ff912d721b7eecd4.jpg

(I can't tell which one is prettier. The pin or @chubs191 's artwork. ) I just submitted my first thesis, and am absolutely exhausted, but wanted to share the news.

Edit: we've found some differences between this pin and the pinpics listing. The seller was very kind in messaging and quick to offer a refund. What should I do?

tumblr_p6fog19lVz1rdh3wyo1_1280.png

Edit edit:

Mystery solved. I'm guessing it's a reproduction based on the differences in line art. (Most notable ones circled below.) It's going back. :( There is still a good chance that it is a pre-production pin and I will be calling Disney to confirm since I found another buyer who is in the same scenario.

tumblr_p6fv5uMBvs1rdh3wyo1_1280.png

Last edited:
Thank you all. I'd be jumping off the walls right now but these last few weeks have been rough. I'm taking off until 4 tomorrow and then it's time to start on finishing the next thesis! (2 majors, 2 thesis projects, 2 hours of sleep.) Plus a week-long conference in 2 weeks, defense in 3, and school work I've fallen behind on! So expect pretty pictures/more energy after I graduate. (Also sending grail vibes to everyone else too!!! I've got enough good pin karma to last me awhile now.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found the listing on eBay. The back looks like it's been sloppily manufactured like its a PP pin or something. The auctions holo is badly glued on as well.

What do you think I should do? Contact the seller? It didn't come on a card or anything, and is really heavy and just looks like there is a lot of wear on the pin (I.e. Not manufactured recently)

What do you think I should do? Contact the seller? It didn't come on a card or anything, and is really heavy and just looks like there is a lot of wear on the pin (I.e. Not manufactured recently)

I would totally contact the seller asking them where they got it from. I would mention that it looks nothing like the pinpics pin. If there was a certificate, that would prove authenticity. The top left of the back looks like it was hastily grinded from the metal feed line.

Ahhh, man, I went from about to congratulate you from feeling so bad for you as I read the thread! I'm looking around for mine so you can use it as a comparison. It's a little wild here, since we're still unpacking, but if I find it, I'll let you know.

So here is what I have learned:

* it was not purchased from Disney directly, but a dealer
* it came on a card which the seller no longer has
* the seller was very quick to offer a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back