• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What are you guys collecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else do you like? Other movies, characters? Attractions? Particular animals, food, geography, styles, etc.? :cheshire::hatbox::lumpy::goofy:

Personally I like side collections that can be somewhat finite. Like live action movies or side characters. I collect Sofia the First, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Elena of Avalor from Disney Jr. Once the first two left the air there hasn't been many pins made for them, so it is easy to keep up. I also have all but one of the Nutcracker and the Four Realms pins and they probably won't make any more for that movie. Starting with something that you can visualize having all of without too much effort is a good way to have a side collection in my mind. I've had side collections become main collections because there was no "end in sight" and I kept wanting more, like princess in pink, LOL.

There are a ton of Stitch pins. You could very easily make smaller collections based solely on him. For example:

Stitch by himself
Stitch with Lilo
Stitch dressed as other characters
Stitch invading other movies
Stitch at Halloween
Stitch at Christmas
etc.

I started with Alice in Wonderland pins. I quickly narrowed down it down to the Cheshire Cat. I now have the following collections:

Cheshire Cat by himself
Cheshire with Alice
AIW group pins (must include Cheshire)
Cheshire with Queen of Hearts

I have a very small collection of Stitch dressed as other characters and I just started collecting tigers (two Raja, from Aladdin, so far).

Marie by herself. Vanellope by herself and Marquees from movies that have some type of meaning to me. The big Marquees too!

I justttt started my Esme side collection. Literary one pin!

I used to collect Star Wars/NBC but lost interest in them over time.

I can see myself getting into Mali as a dragon at some point.

I currently have AiW pins, Cheshire pins, and a lot of random Mickey pins
I want to collect Tiana, AiW, Cheshire, the Old Hag, and Sorcerer Mickey

I mainly want to collect Tiana when she's in her ballgown but I don't have any yet lol

Last edited:
I collect Sleeping Beauty with an emphasis on the Three Good Fairies. Before I settled on that I was all over the place with my pin focus and it became overwhelming.

My main collections are villains and Tangled, with side collections of Oswald, Splash Mountain, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'm also trying really hard to talk myself out of collecting Hector from Coco but that chaser from the new puzzle set is extremely tempting. :confused:

Main collections are the Little Green Men from Toy Story and Mickey-shaped food pins.
I also collect Dodger from Oliver + Company, but just by himself, there's not too many of those pins but man are they hard to find!
I used to collect Bolt and actually had a pretty large collection, but for some reason so many new (and expensive) pins kept coming out that I just couldn't keep up with. Plus I much prefer Dodger as far as Disney dogs go :)

I also am trying to collect Alien Encounter pins as that attraction just fascinates me so much … and Mickey snowmen which are also very few / harder to find. As of expanding I've decided to try and start a collection of the Lion King hyenas and orange bird, but we'll see how that goes :) The Big Bad Wolf and Brer Fox are also characters that interest me but by then that's just too many collections!!;)

I collect Mickey as a drum major, and some of him as a conductor. And now I collect some of him in suits/tuxes, cause he just looks so dapper! :cool: which has lead to collecting Minnie in different dresses...:rolleyes:

I also collect Kim Possible- not many of those around. Pins with a sewing theme, and pins with playing cards that are not Alice in wonderland. Also pins with koinobori! Those are a little hard to find, since they only come from Japan.

I used to collect Stitch but kinda took a step back on him. The sheer number of stitch pins is crazy.

I mostly target Scrooge McDuck, ducktales and their characters. Lately I’ve been considering hidden mickeys which is something I refused to do in the past.

My main pinboard is for my Walt Disney, Snow White & the Seven Dwarf, and Mickey Mouse pins. Currently keeping the wisdom collection pins on there. They will probably move though.

I have smaller collections of Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Chip and Dale, Walt Disney World (all 4 parks), Princesses, and misc pins I find cute.

I really want to start a Little Mermaid collection again but my wallet is telling me no. lol

I have made the mistake of not narrowing down my collection and my wallet is yelling at me. I like foods, mickey, minnie, donald, chip and dale, and zero, though as long as I like it then any pin will go in my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back