• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What exactly is a "chaser" pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is a "chaser" pin?

go0fy

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got two hidden mickey pins without any paint on them. I read somewere that these were called "chasers." Can anybody please give me some more information about them? :confused:

A chaser is basically a pin released with some form of variation to the original pin design, that are more limited in numbers, and more difficult to get. For example, the Pixar mystery pins....each set of 4 has a chaser set featuring the same picture, but with a variation to the regular limited release pins :)

I guess you could consider them as either bonus or alternate pins, since some chaser pins will be of the alternate configuration of an existing design within the set, as your unpainted pin example illustrates. Others will be of similar design, but may be a completely different character. Some chasers are subtle and there may simply be color variants or a single item that is slightly different from the same looking pin in the set.

Sometimes chasers are refered to as completers, as they often, in the case of hidden mickey pins, are released at the tail end of the distribution year.

I guess you could consider them as either bonus or alternate pins, since some chaser pins will be of the alternate configuration of an existing design within the set, as your unpainted pin example illustrates. Others will be of similar design, but may be a completely different character. Some chasers are subtle and there may simply be color variants or a single item that is slightly different from the same looking pin in the set.

Sometimes chasers are refered to as completers, as they often, in the case of hidden mickey pins, are released at the tail end of the distribution year.

There are hidden Mickey chasers, typically all sliver, and completers, typically a completely new pin. Usually chasers are on the lanyards, completers are usually PWP (purchase with purchase.)

The hidden mickey "chasers" are variations of a pin from that set. Recently, the chasers have been all silver. Generally, it is assumed there are fewer of these chasers releaed to the cast lanyards.

Something else to watch for is a "completer" from the hidden mickey series. A completer is currently a pin you can only get via a purchase with purchase of one of those mystery bags. ((buy $30.00 worth of pin merchandise, you can get a mystery pin for $2.95)) The completer is different from the other pins in each set, and usually says "Completer" on the backstamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back