• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What themes / characters do you collect? How have you organised them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What themes / characters do you collect? How have you organised them?

FloFlo71

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just spent a good couple of hours tidying and re-jigging 'my daughter's' ;) pin collection. She has 5 boards and I have themed them into Stitch, Chip and Dale, Princesses (incs Tink), Animals, Mickey and friends. Then there are 4 lanyards, Tower of Terror, Toy Story, Christmas themed, and a left over mixture (which she won't let me trade, lol).

Stitch, Chip and Dale, Mickey and friends, boards are full so need to be strict now and not buy any more of those :nono:

Stitch, Chip and Dale, Mickey and friends, boards are full so need to be strict now and not buy any more of those :nono:

Not buy anymore.... I am unaware of this practice. Is that legal? It sounds inhumane. Quick, someone explain it to me before I assume the worst. :lol:

I have most of my pins organized by character since I collect specific ones from different movies. Rather than rehome my pins to bigger boards, though, I just bought another board and continued to fill from there! I have two Cheshire, two Stitch and two Tigger boards with all of my other beloved kitties having their own board. Sort of. I have Jungle Book and Tarzan kitties on my Lion King Board, all of the Aristocats pins are on a single board and the select Toy Story pins I own are all on their own board.

Stitch and Cheshire boards have about reached their maximum capacity and if Disney makes a few more Si&Am pins or if I can rein in the last few I'm still hunting for, I'll need a second board for them as well! :D

Last edited:
My boards:
I have a small board for all of my Oswald (and Ortensia) pins, nearly full but I have at least 7 I'm looking for. I'd like to get all Oswald pins but some are like LE 3, so I'm not worried about those.

I have a small board for my Hercules pins. Still some room. I'm picky with which ones I get, no completest here.

I have a medium board for my weirdest collection, my Black Cauldron pins. I have most of them and they rarely make new ones so it's easy to keep up with. My board has room for plenty more.

I have one large board for other collections: Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey, Disneyland/DCA, pretty selective with these. Also have some small mini-collections here: Mr. Toad, Sword in the Stone, Mouse Detective, Pinocchio/Cricket/Figaro & other cats, Rescuers, Robin Hood. These themes are mostly pretty rarely done and I'm not seeking older pins much, so they aren't added to that much. The board is pretty packed, though, so one or two of the themes are going to have to get their own board pretty soon.

I also have four small mini-boards for non-Disney pins, but I don't think anyone else here cares about those. lol.

I collect mostly Jessica and Roger Rabbit, Nightmare Before Christmas (mostly Jack Skellington), and Maleficent pins. I also grab attraction and park pins when I visit those particular places. As of right now all of my pins are displayed in the pin trading bags. So I only get to see them when I take them out, but my wife and I decided to do a display in our sitting area of our house. She got bit by the pin bug on our recent trip, and she kept trying to trade my pins for stuff I didn't collect, so I told her she needed to get her own lanyard and pins, and she is hooked! :rofl: Anyway, hopefully I can get the majority of the display done this weekend. So when she gets off work today we are going to go buy the materials for the display.

My biggest collection is Lion King, of which I have 4 boards (& counting..). Then I have boards of Barrel from NBC, Small World, Electrical Parade, PODH's & random favorites. I have a few lanyards for smaller collections. The rest of traders/randoms are in a book or on a random board that needs some major overhauling.

Everyone's collections sound fab. So hard to be selective when there are so many great pins out there, lol.

Selective? Don't quite understand..

we have over 40 active Collections so it's far easier to say what we don't collect than what we do.. of all the animated characters we collect very few (Tiana, Ellie, Tarzan, dumbo, Nala, tic toc, lilo) most are on cork boards (32 large boards) then a rack of lanyards for the small collections then we have a large pin cabinet and 6 large books of stuff not on display...

I keep the vast majority of my collection in pin bags , I'm currently photographing them all so I'll be able find anything I'm looking for With a quick digital search :) , my favourites though are all framed . I'm thinking of turning my computer room into another display room , it currently houses all my spare junk I've not sorted out :lol:
I started collecting Jessica & Tinkerbell , then Cheshire Cat & Jafar now I'm actively searching for Evil Queen & Scar pins for my new boards . Although I'm also toying with the idea of attraction displays , Tiki Room / Haunted Mansion .

Aladdin's my main collection, so those pins get their own board (which has already filled up and there are some overflow pins...). I also have a frame for my mermaid Ariel pins (once that gets filled up, I'll just display my favorites - I'm pretty selective with Ariel though, thank goodness).

I've recently started a Renaissance/'90s board that has nice pins that I like of movies from that era. Of course, having such a board means I now want pins that I otherwise wouldn't and that wouldn't have fit into my collections, lol. It mainly houses my TLK pins as my biggest side collection there, but I've since grown my BatB collection, and I want more of Hercules (particularly Meg) and Mulan too. Still seeking Tarzan, Jane, and Hunchback/Esmeralda pins to make it complete.

I also collect Peter Pan, Zootopia, and Big Hero 6, which share space on my big board, along with random pins and my smaller casual collections like Inside Out, Pinocchio, Sorcerer Mickey, and Animation pins. Mickey is kinda combined with castle and memento pins though. :)

Whew! I collect a lot...but. Can't. Stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main collection is Snow White, and of the thousands of Snow White pins out there, I only collect the pins featuring Snow, the Prince, or the woodland animals (not the Queen/Hag or the dwarfs). Right now, I have most of my collection on my pin bag, but there are several Ziplock bags of overflow pins in my closet that I haven't been able to arrange yet.

I also have a separate collection of standalone/character cutout pins featuring Snow White and Belle, and am planning to frame them when I have enough. When my sister and I were little, we used to watch Snow White and Beauty & the Beast over and over again, so I wanted to create a kind of homage to our friendship and shared love for princess films.

As much as I tried to only stick to Snow White pins, I also have several side collections: carousel horses, Finding Dory otters, The Ballad of Nessie animation short, Mariners baseball, and a nostalgia collection featuring pins from shows, attractions, and parades that I have fond memories of from my childhood trips to DLR, WDW, and DLP. Once I finish my nostalgia collection, I'd like to commission a large painting of the maps of each of those parks and place the pins around them. The otters are going to go on a lanyard at some point, and I'll probably find other themed bags for the carousel and baseball pins.

So far, the problem hasn't been limiting my side collections, but figuring out how to display everything! Once I have enough space for a home office, it's going to be covered floor to ceiling in pin boards.

Wow such fantastic collections, won't show my daughter this thread, lol, it would just encourage her. When I tell her that a certain pin won't fit the collections her reply is 'I collect Disney and it's Disney!'

Right now, the only pins I have on display are:
*Cheshire Cat pins on one board (pretty full)
*Cheshire with Alice pins (I still have room on this one).
*In my oldest son's room, all of his Disney train pins are on his own board.
*My husband has one board with his Star Wars pins in his man cave.
*Youngest son has a board in his room with whatever he likes - mainly Nemo, Jack Skellington and Stitch.

I still have several groups that I am trying to decide if I want to continue collecting - Stitch (dressed as other characters - invading other movies), some Maleficent, and random AIW pins that don't belong on either of my boards.

All of my traders are in a trading case.

Last edited:
Oh man. I don't know where to begin. I've got general bad guys, Hades, Malificent, general princess, Auroa, Anna & Elsa, Poca, Tiana, Ariel, dogs, Donald (and Daisy), Mickey (and Minnie), Stitch, Haunted Mansion, Star Wars (though I focus on Vader, Maul, Phasma, and Finn), Nightmare with a focus on Zero, rainbow pins, "personalized" pins like my name, birth month, favorite baseball team, etc..., some fantasy pins where they fit into regular collections, and... Well. Whatever else I wind up with. I focus a lot on Auroa, Hades and Mal, Donald, and of course, whatever strikes my fancy.

I use the pin bags to keep everything in one place though I'm up to four bags. My HRC guitar pins are on a small cork board since I don't get those with the same frequency as Disney pins.

Surfboards! I collect pins with surfboard on them!

And full-body cutouts, and heads only, of characters from my favorite features (Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Alice, Peter Pan, Beauty/Beast, Lion King, some others).

Tiny, miniature pins (just started this collection).

And Dwarfs!

My main collections are Up, Brother Bear, Emperor's New Groove (mainly Kronk but I collect them all), Haunted Mansion (mainly Mickey & friends on/in the ride but this collection is expanding...), Charlotte, and characters/pins I love (this collection is pretty large as I love lots of characters and pins).

My hubby and kids also collect (I collect on their behalf, really) and between them their collections include: The Jungle Cruise, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Wreck it Ralph, Star Wars, Oswald, Chip and Dale, Minnie Mouse, Puffles, Baymax and Wall-E and pins they love.

I have an Up Board and Hubby and the kids each have their own board, and the rest of the collection shares a bunch more boards. I use stretched canvas to display them and they are all hung up on the wall.

I like to collect villains, dragons, holiday, and Scrooge pins. My husband likes Chip and Dale. I also like to collect some of the blind bag mystery series - if you get a duplicate, it's a trader! (Of course, this philosophy has backfired a couple of times recently. When you open 12 pins and 4 are the same character then 3 more of another character, your trader bag get full quickly.)
imagegif

I have a lanyard with a bunch of villains pins on it that I wear at the parks, but at home, we put most of the pins in shadow box frames. We categorize them by holiday or series first, then by character with the remaining pins.

I collect little green men and big hero 6. I have gone through a few collections... Jessica rabbit, stitch, Up to name a few. I would like to be a completist though, which is why my main 2 are big hero 6 and little green men right now because I am so close to completing them both. Been collecting LGM for years.. It will probably be years before I get them all too. Right now I just have them in books. I wanted to try and get a cork board to hold them, but I'd like a custom one like the ones Vixy makes. I'm not a creative person as far as that goes so I'm trying to figure something out before I move them out of my book.

My collection is in flux. Walt Disney and the Three Caballeros are becoming my main pin collections. I just recently started collecting them so both collections are pretty small. I collect Walt Disney World pins but I mostly collect pins while I'm at the parks. I have a Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs collection but I only collect the pins I like (Snow, Evil Queen, Dwarfs). I have a collection of classic characters (which includes Tink) but I'm thinking of separating it into Mickey & Minnie and Donald & Daisy. I don't really collect any other classic characters but Tink. I really love her so I may start a tiny Tink collection of pins. I collect Ariel, Pocahontas, Jasmine, and Belle because they were my favorite characters growing up. I want to start collecting Mulan again. She's one of my favorite characters. I have my Rapunzel, Tiana, Anna, Elsa, and Merida pins grouped together since they are 21st century princesses. I will probably add Moana pins to that collection but I may have her by herself. Cinderella and Aurora have their own collection but I'm debating expanding it to all movies from the 1950s since they are some of my favorite. I have a tiny Stitch collection which I want to expand as well.

It's funny how collections all of the sudden start to form. I have now given up actually keeping only to fixed themes - I am not strong enough to resist certain pins!

My biggest collection is Duffy & friends, as I do a lot of trading with pin friends from Hong Kong and Japan. I also love Beauty & The Beast, Alice in Wonderland, Piglet, Jiminy Cricket, Sebastian, .. But between my very favourite pins there is a Little Brave Toaster one, a Dumbo & his mother pin, a Fantasia pin, ... I keep them all together on one big board, I don't have a huge collection yet. I do have some smaller picture frames that I DIY'ed to put certain separate collections on to use when this board gets too small. I hope to be able to keep them together for a while longer though!

I collect Boo (from Monsters, Inc), Club 33 (old logo), Minnie's Moonlit Madness, and Magic Music Days. They are in display cases. I have all but about 5 Boo's, all but about 6 Club 33's, all but the latest Minnie's MM, and (I think) all of the MMM.

I've pretty much stopped collecting. The pins I'm missing are rare or expensive or both. I have A LOT of older pins (not a high demand for them, though) and want to sell those off--including a Beloved Tales Bambi and Lion King

My main collection is Chip n Dale and I currently have 2 full boards and one board in progress.

Buuuut that's not where it ends by a long shot! I have 3 more boards too

Board 1 is split between castles and princesses. I love Princess sets especially.

Board 2 has lots of little tiny sets or collections on it including LGM, Roo, Heffalump, Flounder (and Sebastian), Pascal (and Maximus), Mrs Potts & Chip and Olaf.

Board 3 has Christmas, attractions, cuties, Pin Trading pins, Mickey themed pins and Star Tours/Wars.

Some of those collections are done with now and are kept for nostalgia but others are still growing. It kind of goes in stages which ones I'm most into collecting month by month but it's all fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm another person with a lot of collections:

♡ Figaro

♡ Peter Pan
♡ Chip & Dale
♡ Halloween
♡ Hanukkah
♡ Alice in Wonderland
♡ Robin Hood
♡ The Sword in the Stone
♡ Characters reading books
♡ Cute classic animal characters
♡ Pretty princesses (esp. Belle)
♡ Clown and circus-related pins
♡ Favorite Disneyland attractions
♡ Taurus & May birthday pins
♡ Mickey and Minnie

I like to look at my pins all the time, so a whole wall of my bedroom is dedicated to them.

I have ten wooden frames that I bought at Hobby Lobby (on the smaller side - about 8x10) - and I put in some coroplast, foam, and fabric, with no glass on top - so I can display my pins and rearrange them whenever I feel like it.

I have 2 and a half frames devoted to my Figaro collection (the third frame also has other Disney cats and dogs), four frames devoted to my Peter Pan collection, one frame devoted to my princess pins, one frame devoted to my Disneyland attraction pins, and one frame devoted to my bookworm collection. (Pins featuring Disney characters reading books.)

I also have a bunch of heart-shaped pin boards from Target for some of my smaller collections - Chip & Dale, Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, Mickey and Minnie, Beauty and the Beast, etc...

My holiday (Halloween and Hanukkah) pins get their own separate shadow boxes, and are put away in the credenza until it's their time to shine! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back