• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's your budget for purchasing TRADER pins during your park visits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your budget for purchasing TRADER pins during your park visits?

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Heading to WDW, in May, and I've been thinking about picking up some pins to bring home for trader pins. But I'm not sure how much money to devote to it. I was thinking about using what is on my Disney Visa Dream Dollars rewards card, which should be about $200, but it got me wondering what other people do. Especially, those that visit a couple a times a year, or less.

I'm talking about better pins to trade via Pinpics or here, not cheaper traders for CM trading.

I find that park pins don't trade all that well for the stuff I'm looking for because they tend to be higher LE pins. If I were headding to the parks I think the only thing I would be after for traders is the Piece of Movie History pins. Other than that, I would only buy something for a trader if it really knocked my socks off...

Well I do go more than that, but I think 100 to 200 is great. But make sure u buy LE from a series or limited release pin, since they have more online value, I don't want u to buy simething at 10 dollars and being stuck with it. So make sure u do your research and judgment of what pin to buy. Don't use all your money at once since u can always save some Disney dollars for future nice releases. For example, there are a lot of monthy, or every two month collection like the classic D's and the vaults, but they are both the same price, my advice is to buy some vaults since these pins are extremely pretty and well made, no flaws, and people right now want the Ariel one but when people realize how pretty the 5 different vault(release throughout the year) looks together, they are going to want them all and the vaults are going to be high wanted and after all u are going to get something nice for them, not only because they are wanted but also because original price is high. And u are going to be just in time to buy the Peter pan one that comes out in April, there will be a few left by may, however, I am hoping u get to buy some of the afield, everytime I go, the shelve for Ariel is smaller and smaller because there are fewer. And keep a eye out for the new release D collection, for example the dumbo I think will be very wanted, since there are people that like him hardcore. Have fun. ;)

Hope this helped a little.

Thanks, guys. And yes, I plan on being picky about which pins I might get extras of. I know there is a CM Star Tours POH pin being released on 5/11... but do you think there will be burnout on that type of pin, since they just had 2 released, plus the Jumbo at the Sci-Fi Academy event? If they still have the Dumbo CM 40th name tag pins, I might get one or two of those. Too bad the Mad Tea Party one doesn't come out until June. Maybe something from Star Wars weekend, depending on if they look nice (this is likely to be one per style, and if I can trade them fine, otherwise my husband has some already, so they add to our collection).

That is a great idea. I am sure u will get great pins. And hopefully they do a surprise release while u there, that would be so cool. How long u going to be there for?

I will be there the 9th-24th. I'm coming for the D23 40th event and Scavenger Hunt. Then when I found out about the reopening of Star Tours, I decided to stick around to catch that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back