• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: WHOSE ORANGE BIRD IS IT ANYWAY!! -- HM/OE Bids! -- ENDS MONDAY MARCH 11

Auction Ended: WHOSE ORANGE BIRD IS IT ANYWAY!! -- HM/OE Bids! -- ENDS MONDAY MARCH 11

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Welcome to Whose Orange Bird is it Anyway?
Where the points are made up and the pins don’t matter!

8xs34CU.gif

As you’re all aware by now, there’s a hefty new wave of Hidden Mickey’s and my little trader stash is getting dangerously low! And too! The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival has just kicked off! Perhaps you’ve heard the buzz (or the tweets???) about some new fangled souvenir cup! That’s got a little citrus swing to it? Well, these two events are not by chance!!! In this auction, you’ll have a chance at this highly coveted (and frankly stupid adorable) prize by unloading some of those pesky pins that just seem to hoard around you! :D In this auction, it won’t so much matter what actual pins you bid, but rather how many and what caliber! But more on that in a sec.

First off, tell them what they can win, Archimedes!!

YTHcfod.gif

Oooookay, I’ll tell them…

You’re bidding on a brand new, never used, ORANGE BIRD FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE SIPPER CUP!!!!! It’s so silly and adorable I’m literally dying of sweetness overload… These little guys are selling like hotcakes at the festival this year! They come with a delicious Orange Cream Slush, which I quite enjoyed, but then you get to keep the cup!!! Now, the one you’ll be bidding on never had a slushy in it, so it’s mint condition! The outside is a hard plastic, and the green leaves and feet are made of soft PVC so they have some movement to them. Inside, there’s a silicone seal so if you do decide to take a sip, it’s from a food-safe space! The clear acrylic straw has a rim at the end so it doesn’t just slide out of the little guy’s noggin! Here’s a thematic picture:

P9KCW8o.jpg

Again, the one you’re bidding on is brand new and never used. :D I’m happy to provide additional pictures!

Okay, lad! Now why don’t you tell them about the point system!

nPoFWM0.gif

Aaaaaallrighty, up to me again…

For your bids, I’m not so much concerned with specifically what you bid (remember, these are just traders) as much as how many and what caliber they are. To that end, this auction will run on a point system! Here’s the breakdown:

Hidden Mickey: 1 point
Open Edition / Rack / Booster / Mystery Pack: 2 point
Limited Release: 3 points
Limited Edition: 0 points

So, from the point system you can glean that Limited Edition pins won’t get you any points!! Remember, these are going to be traded for HMs on lanyards and boards, so no need to bring out the big guns.

Whenever you bid, you’ll need to post an image of the pins you’re bidding and do the math, which I will verify. Here’s an example:

M6R7USs.jpg

Squirt is an Open Edition / Rack (2) , Iago is an LR (3) , Minnie is a Booster (2), and the Pinocchio is an LE 3000 (0, what a waste!). So the total points for this would be 7 points.

Pretty simple, right? :) My purpose in this is to try to put some nice pins back into the trading pool, or at least nothing totally bogus, because that’s no fun at all.

The best part about this auction? You don’t have to even LOOK at my wants list! In fact, I ENCOURAGE YOU NOT TO! These pins are for the trading lanyards, and nothing specific to my collection will give you any kind of advantage (except in the case of a tie, I suppose…).

Now with the festival getting into full swing, and spring right around the corner, you’re gonna want this little guy as quickly as possible! So this will be a fairly quick turn around. THIS AUCTION ENDS NEXT MONDAY, MARCH 11TH at 10pm EST (WDW time). I will mail the cup out within the next day or so (and package it carefully!).

Oh, and one final rule NO SCRAPPERS. But, come on, you knew that already. ;P If I suspect a pin in your photo is a scrapper, I’ll contact you and ask for additional pictures. :)

I hope everyone has some fun with this auction! I’m looking forward to seeing what sorts of math combos we will have! Good luck! :D

QIjRFDU.gif

~Merlin

Last edited:
He's SO adorable and super cute! I would LOVE him! I have to try so i'll start with these please,Pins 131771 Disney Logo
RS_Rc943387536.png
49558 WDW Stitch
pin49558th200
, 106675 Peter Pan donut
thumb130_201602025451.jpg
and 97168 DLRP Goofy jogging
thumb130_201509071447.jpg
Thanks. That should give me eight points if i'm correct. Do Cast member pins give anymore points?

He's SO adorable and super cute! I would LOVE him! I have to try so i'll start with these please,Pins 131771 Disney Logo
RS_Rc943387536.png
49558 WDW Stitch
pin49558th200
, 106675 Peter Pan donut
thumb130_201602025451.jpg
and 97168 DLRP Goofy jogging
thumb130_201509071447.jpg
Thanks. That should give me eight points if i'm correct. Do Cast member pins give anymore points?
That looks like 8 points to me. :) and no, nothing extra for CM exclusive pins. I feel like I'm already testing the limits of my math skills. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Are duplicates allowed? I'll start with these 16 (or 7):
25bbeb83f08f496dc07ef73588ec6138.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Duplicates are fine, though in the case of a tie that may factor in. :) these are all OE or booster pins, to the best of my knowledge, correct?

Duplicates are fine, though in the case of a tie that may factor in. :) these are all OE or booster pins, to the best of my knowledge, correct?

Hmm, research says the blue ones on the right are an unknown LE (really?! For those?), so it looks like those are out. The middle Disneyland ones and castle below are listed as OE fwp, we got those from the Costco DLR packages: you always get a free lanyard and pins with the package. Others are OE. But with Ocean7’s bid, I may have to change mine up. ;)

Ok Merlin your always helping others so I’m going to offer the following so you can find those elusive new HM.
24 HM = 24 points
14 OE pins = 28 points
Merlin please double check the math.
DPF family it’s time to get this man some traders :)
7f9a8431e51b467af7fdf117af13da83.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whoo! Alrighty! We have a leaderboard! Let's see who's up front!

@summerskin - 55
@Fins4pins - 52
@Ocean7 - 38

Holy mackerel! You guys are doing great! :D Of course, it's all a numbers game, so adding a few pins here or there could really turn anything around!

Also, a major thanks to everyone who is leaning into this! I'm really excited to have some awesome pins to put back into the parks!! :D

Gosh ,I can't even begin to compete now:(,I can't beat 55 points!. I wish i'd had lots of pins to bid for your lovely Orange Bird,sorry.Good luck to everyone!

Back