• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped by a Sneaky Sorcerer!

ZAPPED! Zapped by a Sneaky Sorcerer!

NutMeg

The Nefarious N.M.G.
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
[Image heavy post...]

So I found a package in my mailbox today and assumed it must be my gift from the Secret Santa exchange, as I'm currently not expecting any other deliveries. Then I noticed that the return address belonged to my own Secret Santa recipient, @MerlinEmrys.

2040177042-3-3.gif

tumblr_inline_mxt64uXo5r1rdnnll.gif

Hercules-Is-Confused-By-Phils-Rant-And-Starts-Counting-On-His-Fingers.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yes, apparently Merlin does not understand the concept of gift-giving and felt the need to reciprocate my SS present with a zap.

2AAhLvF.jpg

giphy.gif

Kidding! xD I am 100% guilty of spoiling other people's generous gestures by return-zapping everyone who zaps me, haha. Playing zap "tag," if you will. So while I of course did not expect any type of compensation for my gift (THAT'S HOW GIFTS WORK, MERLIN!), I'd definitely be a hypocrite to argue and will gratefully accept his super sweet offering (and start plotting my next surprise for him. Mwahahaha...)

Anyway, I can't deny that I was pretty excited to see what the wiz had in store for me!

UqOn0Bk.jpg

First of all, I luuurve the card he wrote on, which features early concept art from Aladdin. I believe it's from the Art of Disney Renaissance postcard box? I totally need to get myself one of those so I can keep them all to myself and never mail any, lol. I'm a huge animation nerd so this is perfect, I will definitely be saving it. As for the mysterious Hercules box, I had no idea what could be inside until I opened it...

ay8Yf3K.gif

5I2HOZ4.jpg

aWX4G.gif

YAAAAS!!! Can *finally* add this pin to my collection! I see it pop up on eBay or in someone's traders every now and then, but for whatever reason I always miss it - I either forget to bid in time, or I end up blowing my monthly pin budget on something else, etc etc. It felt SO good to finally un-click that "want" button on PinPics, lol (you know the feeling!) PLUS the fact that Merlin was kind enough to include the original packaging from 1997, which I'd never seen offered with the pin before, is just so cool. Such an awesome keepsake!!

I'm currently working on a special hand-painted display for my Meg collection, so her pins are hanging out temporarily on a random Villains lanyard I had lying around. Gus was nice enough to come over and help me introduce the new arrival to the rest of the squad (and then immediately demand all of my attention, because cats.)

eECNAXh.jpg

Thank you soooo much Merlin for your COMPLETELY unnecessary (but totally appreciated!!!) donation to my favorite collection. You are just too kind!! Wish I could give you the biggest hug! <3

giphy.gif

Yes, apparently Merlin does not understand the concept of gift-giving and felt the need to reciprocate my SS present with a zap.
(THAT'S HOW GIFTS WORK, MERLIN!)

OMG PREACH IT, SISTER! Haha. He also fails to grasp the concept that he does SO much for many of us that sometimes he needs/deserves an appreciation treat! That does not require reciprocation!!! Sooooo stubborn, that Merly.

But anyway, many congrats on benefiting from Merlin Logic (kindness)!!! That set of pins was super cool. I think that was one of the first times (maybe the first) that Disney Store did that kind of promotion for a film. (They also covered the DS logo on the storefront with "Hercules Store" signage, like in the movie.) Great addition to your Meg collection!!!

Heheh! Gifs on point for sure. ;P you're so welcome! And thank you again! I'm still kind of reeling. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OMG PREACH IT, SISTER! Haha. He also fails to grasp the concept that he does SO much for many of us that sometimes he needs/deserves an appreciation treat! That does not require reciprocation!!! Sooooo stubborn, that Merly.

But anyway, many congrats on benefiting from Merlin Logic (kindness)!!! That set of pins was super cool. I think that was one of the first times (maybe the first) that Disney Store did that kind of promotion for a film. (They also covered the DS logo on the storefront with "Hercules Store" signage, like in the movie.) Great addition to your Meg collection!!!

Ugh, he's impossible.

XmX5o.gif

Also I didn't know they changed the DS storefront for Hercules (I was only 6 when it came out lol.) So cool! I love themed promos like that. Wish they'd sold Air Hercs haha.

Congrats!! I’m happy you got it since it was on eBay pretty recently in the original box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow super glad I missed that haha! Funnily enough Merlin apparently almost traded for the Game Show Genie before I sent it to him.

PS: Check your mailbox. ;)

Back