• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped by AshleyV - Literal pixie dust in my eyes :’)

ZAPPED! Zapped by AshleyV - Literal pixie dust in my eyes :’)

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Oh my gosh you guys.

I got the most glorious care package today from @AshleyV.

It is just SO. PERFECT.

She knows that I am recuperating from gallbladder surgery and she sent the most thoughtful things...

02f87adb4ed7daf1efec5be60905eea3.jpg

A pretty notebook (pink! With polka dots!), cute pencils, and KITTY CAT BOOKMARKS!

06aa463744e219f18abdafbc96c82cca.jpg

Postcards featuring concept art from some of my favorite movies of all time. (I love Beast as a baboon. )

41dc2b4a553ed5862386aea8752ebd09.jpg

A Harry Potter mystery mini blind box!!!! (I’m a huge Potter nerd and I have a sick obsession with blind boxes so this is AWESOME.)

And...

3df82a019901c85397579ce44ed64455.jpg

This BEAUTIFUL limited edition pin from my wants list. LOOK AT IT!!!!

5e8a0c191ca00070047192dea65df6ad.jpg

LOOK AT IT.

(Please excuse my nightgown and my unwashed hair and my sickly pallor and the TEARS IN MY EYES.)

DAMMIT ASHLEY.

This is too much.

And as if all that wasn’t perfect enough, I opened the mystery mini and...It’s A THESTRAL, GUYS! I don’t have any figures from this series yet, but if I could have chosen just one - ANY ONE - this would be it.

55fc9f748a93990dcfdd9ae7d06615f9.jpg

Just look at him chilling with Luna. AWWW.

I honestly was feeling miserable today - I was doing a lot better from the surgery and even got my bandages off yesterday - but today I pushed myself too hard and pulled a muscle or something and it’s like back to step 1. I’m okay once I’m up and moving about but when I sit or lay down I am totally stuck and actually need help to get out of bed. I was almost completely off my pain pills but now I’m back on them and it just sucks. It hurts so bad and I know I have no one to blame but myself.

And then this happy mail saved the day.

Thank you so much, Ashley!
You. Are. An. Angel.

f9391f97af47252ddeee6a3235227c07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats, and well done @AshleyV! Such a thoughtful and well-timed zap. <3

I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery, and that your recovery is taking so long/is super painful! It always sucks to hear that a friend and fellow DPF member is suffering. :( I hope it's all uphill from here! Be sure to take it easy and don't push yourself! Try to get as much sleep as possible - that always helps the body heal faster. Do you have a heating pad? That often helps with my pain issues.

Also, I love your Luna figurine! She's probably my fave HP character and I'm still super salty that Harry didn't end up with her, I'M JUST SAYIN'.

Back