• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

100% Pure Noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Pure Noob!

Starryice

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone! :wavey:

I've been a Disney fan my entire life, but never got into the pin trading. It wasn't until I was proposed to at Disneyland October 2010 that I decided we had to get something to remember the occasion. That something was our 1st pin trading lanyard with 2010 pins.

Since I am in the process of planning a Disney Fairytale Wedding (October 2011!) I was looking for fun and unique ways to build a new family tradition. I decided it was high time to jump into Disney pin collecting/trading.

I had a very bad experience on Ebay, purchasing a lot that I hoped would seed our tradition. I could tell right away the pins were of poor quality and researched online. This was when I learned of scrappers. I was horrified1 I contacted Ebay, submitted photographic evidence of their counterfeiting, and was given a full refund. It was in my hunt for legitimate pins that I happily stumbled upon this community.

Bricklayer's pin selling thread was how I found you! I have to thank him for helping me find my way here through an ebay search. His warm welcome is why I decided to join the community.

I can't wait to meet everyone, and please be patient with my nubbery

Aloha and Welcome! :wavey:

First, don't worry about being a newbie. Everyone here was a newbie at some point, both to pin trading and this forum. If at any point you have any questions about pins or pin trading, don't hesitate to ask them - someone (or several someones) will be happy to answer them for you.

Oh, and congratulations and best wishes on your pending nuptuals!

Thank you all for the very warm welcome!

Shockingly enough, my theme to collect is currently bride/wedding/honeymoon pins! As there it isn't a huge collection, I think it's a good place for me to get my feet wet!

Status
Not open for further replies.