• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

100% Pure Noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Pure Noob!

Starryice

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone! :wavey:

I've been a Disney fan my entire life, but never got into the pin trading. It wasn't until I was proposed to at Disneyland October 2010 that I decided we had to get something to remember the occasion. That something was our 1st pin trading lanyard with 2010 pins.

Since I am in the process of planning a Disney Fairytale Wedding (October 2011!) I was looking for fun and unique ways to build a new family tradition. I decided it was high time to jump into Disney pin collecting/trading.

I had a very bad experience on Ebay, purchasing a lot that I hoped would seed our tradition. I could tell right away the pins were of poor quality and researched online. This was when I learned of scrappers. I was horrified1 I contacted Ebay, submitted photographic evidence of their counterfeiting, and was given a full refund. It was in my hunt for legitimate pins that I happily stumbled upon this community.

Bricklayer's pin selling thread was how I found you! I have to thank him for helping me find my way here through an ebay search. His warm welcome is why I decided to join the community.

I can't wait to meet everyone, and please be patient with my nubbery :)

Aloha and Welcome! :wavey:

First, don't worry about being a newbie. Everyone here was a newbie at some point, both to pin trading and this forum. If at any point you have any questions about pins or pin trading, don't hesitate to ask them - someone (or several someones) will be happy to answer them for you. :)

Oh, and congratulations and best wishes on your pending nuptuals! :)

Thank you all for the very warm welcome!

Shockingly enough, my theme to collect is currently bride/wedding/honeymoon pins! As there it isn't a huge collection, I think it's a good place for me to get my feet wet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back