2 different versions of MNSSHP 2019 Evil Queen completer pin

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Dansirdan, Aug 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dansirdan

Dansirdan New Member

0   0   0

So I splurged on the $295 framed pin set at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year(2019) and upon closer inspection of the individual pins in the frame noticed the Evil Queen pin was a really poor likeness of her. It’s something I didn’t expect for such a lofty price. I thought I remembered the ones I had seen looking a little better than that and I didn’t see the one I had purchased until later because it came still wrapped up in its original cardboard box.

Upon investigating further and comparing between sets selling on ebay I noticed that there appear to be two different versions of the Evil Queen completer pin being sold at MNSSHP this year. There is what I’d call the ‘bug-eyed queen’ that I ended up with when I bought the $295 six-pin framed set shown here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then there is the more flattering version of the queen that I would call the ‘classic queen’ which is selling with the cheaper $100 five-pin boxed set here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It doesn’t appear limited to just my framed set because I’ve found the same thing to be true in images from other sets I’ve compared between. I feel sort of cheated that I splurged on the expensive set and got a lesser quality completer pin. Mine looks more like the bug-eyed villain from Coraline(Other Mother) than the Disney Evil Queen to me. It's a bit saddening because this was my first Evil Queen pin and, besides the really cool background, the reason I chose to purchase the framed set. Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy or am I wrong here? Just be aware of this if you were planning on purchasing the framed set.

splashmtnman and Purplemandms like this.
  2. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Hm.... it certainly looks like they misprinted the eyes, and forgot to screen print on her eyelids. How bizzare!

Interestingly enough, it reminds me of this pin:

[​IMG]

starry_solo and Dansirdan like this.
  3. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I would try to return it. That is a horrible pin. It looks like an error pin and you should not be forced to keep it.

4. Dansirdan

Dansirdan New Member

0   0   0

I would hope this was just an error in one or a few of the sets, but here is an image of the queen pin in another $295 framed set I can see on ebay:
    [​IMG]

It's looking like the same 'bug-eyed queen' on at least 2 of the 500 limited edition framed sets. Possibly more.

5. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Happy

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Walt is rolling in his grave.
    "Draw my characters right!"

Dansirdan likes this.