• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 Pin Releases: Let's help each other know about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Pin Releases: Let's help each other know about them.

derrickb

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Okay, so it looks like Disney is not going to help us out in 2015 by posting ahead of time what pins are being released, and pinpics is slow. I think it'd be great if when someone finds a pin newly released or sees it somewhere ie. ebay or facebook that they start a new thread and let everyone know what's available and where.

Something along...

New Pin Released 1/15/2015 Winter 2014 Cheshire Cat LE 2000 DLR/WDW

Hopefully balance will return and it won't be 30-40% Frozen this year.

Thanks in Advance

Wait I thought they're doing flyers now for any future releases? Kinda like what they're doing at DSF at Hollywood.

Wait I thought they're doing flyers now for any future releases? Kinda like what they're doing at DSF at Hollywood.

The flyers will only include some of the pins they will release, and so far I haven't seen one for January.

There were several monthly series that were previewed at the imagination gala, but since they haven't even been able to finish out last years monthly series I wonder if they will start in January or be delayed as well.

Still surprised we haven't got the one for January yet seeing how it is the 4th... Practically the 5th.

I'm willing to cut some slack as most businesses are thinly staffed this time of year, but with most releases on Thursdays, I hope we get January's in the next few days.

I'm willing to cut some slack as most businesses are thinly staffed this time of year, but with most releases on Thursdays, I hope we get January's in the next few days.

Agreed, I am thinking we will get it within the next few days here. Hopefully sooner as I need to know if I need anything from that parks. ahaha

I think it's a GREAT idea to have a sticky thread for new releases. That way people can post new fliers as they come out or pics of new pins, etc. Love it!

I think it's a GREAT idea to have a sticky thread for new releases. That way people can post new fliers as they come out or pics of new pins, etc. Love it!

Seeing how everything is flyers now (DSF, DLR, DLP, WDW), when they are released they can be all put on a thread that is a sticky thread and be updated every month!

So far the only new thing I've found at Mk in the last week is the new open edition small world pin. The matching starter set hasn't surfaced yet..

-em

Many new open edition pins, lanyard sets, boosters and a few mystery boxes have been popping up. Saw the new mystery box Villain's quotes yesterday at Epcot. Really cute.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Seeing how everything is flyers now (DSF, DLR, DLP, WDW), when they are released they can be all put on a thread that is a sticky thread and be updated every month!

Yeah, and each of those places can have its own allotted post on the thread. So when a new release comes out at a certain location, only that one post for that location gets updated. That way there won't be pages and pages, and it'll be more organized accessible. :D

Yeah, and each of those places can have its own allotted post on the thread. So when a new release comes out at a certain location, only that one post for that location gets updated. That way there won't be pages and pages, and it'll be more organized accessible. :D

Seems like each location could have a sticky thread. There aren't really that many locations when it comes down to it. Having to edit the same post will mean that the person who made the post originally will always have to be there to do it, if I'm understanding what you mean correctly.

Seems like each location could have a sticky thread. There aren't really that many locations when it comes down to it. Having to edit the same post will mean that the person who made the post originally will always have to be there to do it, if I'm understanding what you mean correctly.

Oh, you're right...I forgot about that little detail. :doh:

The time of year hasn't stopped them from doing mass updates on the Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/). They usually have the major event pin updates there, too.

They also were releasing pin schedules about 2 months in advance. By not seeing anything yet for January, I'm afraid that they have decided to drop the pin updates altogether. I hope I'm wrong.

The time of year hasn't stopped them from doing mass updates on the Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/). They usually have the major event pin updates there, too.

They also were releasing pin schedules about 2 months in advance. By not seeing anything yet for January, I'm afraid that they have decided to drop the pin updates altogether. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are wrong too... I need the pin updates, I need to know what I need to get when I go there...

^ A bit ironic since I think all you can learn to draw now is Olaf or Marshmallow?

There seemed to be new rack pins out on Sunday at DL but since there's no way to keep up anymore on what's new I wasn't sure if all were new or I just hadn't seen them.

Still pointing out for the umpteenth time we've also heard nothing about hidden mickeys for 2015 either. Talked to someone who said they heard from some DL CMs there wouldn't be any new ones for 2015 - but while this wouldn't surprise me (and would tie in with my suspicion if there are no new HMs that they could use the 60th anniversary - presumably with a CM costume or "look" update - as an excuse to phase out the CM trading lanyards entirely - just a pessimistic hunch on my part though) - I still take anything "heard from a CM" with a big ol' grain of salt. We could still just as easily be surprised by a parks blog post previewing them all any day now. But I'm still less hopeful rather than more especially given the lack of updates even on regular release pins anymore.

Thanks! I was looking for those. These were previewed at the Imagination Gala but I assumed they would be released every other month, not in one package. I'll have to go down and get them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back