• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2019 PTD Discussion Thread...new PTDs 12/3/19

2019 PTD Discussion Thread...new PTDs 12/3/19
I’ve seen this series all over but I always assumed they were just for sale out in this shop exclusively. Do you actually have to get a sundae for each pin?? That’s a lot of ice cream!

I’ve seen this series all over but I always assumed they were just for sale out in this shop exclusively. Do you actually have to get a sundae for each pin?? That’s a lot of ice cream!
No you don't have to you can just get the pin without the ice cream but the ice cream is a nice bonus because it's the same price either way

Then there’s definitely no reason to not go with the ice cream. Awesome pins and sweets, this store is a for-sure stop if I ever make it out to Hollywood.
Well, yes and no. They let you buy two per person per day. It's a two scoop sundae, so that's a lot of ice cream (especially as you get older, it's a lot). When we went, my husband and I each got two pins, but only one each for the ice cream. If we took the rest to go, it would have melted before we got back to the hotel. It was already melting in the photo.
64ff0ec8f25240efe44b86091669c4d2.jpg
1b5066948accbd107d64102572f52308.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Their cups take up a LOT of freezer space. I think at one point I had upwards of six or eight cups of ice cream sitting in my freezer and it pretty much took up the entire freezer.

It is the same price to get the pin or not, but if you do regular pickups and always take the ice cream it just gets wasteful after awhile.

The minor characters have been sticking around for awhile, though, and even kid Judy lasted a few days. The high LE is what kills it.

Now, if only the inevitable kid Nick sticks around for the same amount of time!

Did Tony sell out yet? Or did D23 overshadow?
D23 Expo overshadowed. All of DSSH management and some of the Ghiradrdelli management was at Expo working the booth which needed the leadership to control the mobs.

I was joking if they released a cursive cutie surprise release I'm not sure if anyone was willing to leave their spot in line to go to Hollywood to buy, lol!

Did Tony sell out yet? Or did D23 overshadow?

Someone on Facebook who I know is a frequent DSFer like me said that Tony sold out and the case is empty.

I was joking if they released a cursive cutie surprise release I'm not sure if anyone was willing to leave their spot in line to go to Hollywood to buy, lol!

I was hoping for something at DSF since I was home most of last weekend but I figured they wouldn't have one while a lot of their staff was at D23.

Got lucky since I had already left work. Got a Fox and brothers. The latter is up for trade!

Just FYI that there is at least one really bad tod! I had to exchange mine (which has a paint dip but better than the black marks all over his tail)

6bebd38041b1263a77575debb406c139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All three were still available as of noonish.

Like @watzshakinbacon said, check over your Tods. A lot of them are flawed. (One of the toes isn’t colored in on some, chipped metal outlines, and even black splotches/streaks.)

All three were still available as of noonish.

Like @watzshakinbacon said, check over your Tods. A lot of them are flawed. (One of the toes isn’t colored in on some, chipped metal outlines, and even black splotches/streaks.)

Thank you for the details and what to look for.... I am not the best at spotting flaws. I will be trying to get a Tod
and the brothers late tonight (probably just before DSSH closes.) Fingers crossed they are still in stock. If anyone finds out differently I will be checking here before I make the drive.

Last edited:
Back