• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A Haunted Zap from the Underworld and a Trade of Wonders!

ZAPPED! A Haunted Zap from the Underworld and a Trade of Wonders!

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
So this week has been utterly awful. Students have been crappy, my own studies have been rough, laundry has been piling up, my frozen pizza shorted me on a pepperoni--I could go on. But thankfully, I've had some incredible mail from an incredible friend who has more than made up for my terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad week.

Earlier this week, I received a package from Haunted575 and was oh so so happy with what was inside!

a7WVioy.jpg

What's this? A Zap you say? And with such incredible packaging!? MY BODY IS READY!

d3wR1jZ.jpg

*unintelligible screaming and running through the house*
*returns to package*
AGo8m.gif

I am absolutely in love with this pin! Charon being on it is just so perfect. And Hades' expression. Oof, it's so lovely. There will be a ceremony to add it to the Hercules case for sure. Thank you so so so much Haunted for zapping me this INCREDIBLE pin! Zapping me! ZAP-ING ME A DARK TALES. Ugh, I still can hardly believe it...

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Fast forward to today. Today was the crappiest day in the crappiest week and I was legit ready to walk out of my classroom and not come back. But. I put on my big boy pants, ate my feelings in pizza, and came home with every intention of not even thinking about my classes for at least three days. I was frumpy, grumpy, dumpy, and sad.

But out of my mailbox came the most psychedelic, tie-died bubble mailer which barely survived long enough on my kitchen table because I knew what was inside! Earlier, Haunted and I had worked out a trade for another villain and I knew this was his envelope...but it was much bigger than it should have been. So I cracked it open and two bags slid out, with a note...

QQ3Xkrb.jpg

There were two bags. One with my name, and one with Russ's. So I had to wait for him to get home to finish everything. Luckily, I had installed a turbo in his car which could be operated remotely (hey, don't judge. Sometimes he has food...). So as soon as he came home, I threw his bag at him and ripped into mine BECAUSE I KNEW WHAT WAS IN IT AND OH MY WALT I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED

VrPD3Nm.jpg

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL...

BDXiW4M.jpg

So while I was screaming and jumping in a corner, I faintly heard Russ open up his bag and say something like, "Oh look! Some of those Sorcerer's of the something cards." Then a pause while he struggled with the wrapper. "Why would she send me th--- MERLIN STOP JUMPING AND LOOK AT THIS"

MMBykVc.jpg

Guys... This is so stinking funny...

ULRh20o.jpg

So, quick story. At the Love is an Adventure event, Russ (whom Haunted and her daughter have nicknamed "Blue eyes" in honor of his beautiful blue eyes............ Sorry, got distracted). Anywho, they all bonded while standing in those super long board lines while I was fluttering around in the trading room. Well, in between board bounds, apparently they took a quick trip to the photobooth to have their picture taken in full Hawaiian fashion. Haunted and Co took that picture and turned it into a one of a kind (ultra rare) Blue Eyes Haunted Hawaiian Cold Snap Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card!

tumblr_mr3bqmvSkJ1syf6uco1_500.gif

Honestly Haunted, I'm not sure what has brought me more joy. the Hades Dark Tales zap (WHICH IS INCREDIBLE THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH), the Jafar Dark Tales trade (WHICH IS ALSO FANTASTIC AND I LOVE IT), or Russ's new card (which is possibly one of the most hysterical and sweet things I've ever seen. xD)

B0T3n9D.jpg

INDEED! WHY NOT ALL THREE!? Thank you so so so much for putting a huge smile on my face on a day that I truly needed it. The pins are amazing, but your friendship is the real treasure... (But Imma still put these pins in cases..........) <3

~Merlin

Really fantastic stuff! I'm glad to hear you had a bright spot in your bleak week. Congrats!

Congrats on the zaps! Very nice pins, funny picture. You had any expectation of frozen pizza? I never have expectations for frozen anything sorry to hear school is weighing down, maybe midterms are coming(They should be starting soon here)
This gif is how I imagine you eating your feelings...
83e5184c32377ff77ea7b1a217b965ab.gif

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Congrats on the zaps! Very nice pins, funny picture. You had any expectation of frozen pizza? I never have expectations for frozen anything sorry to hear school is weighing down, maybe midterms are coming(They should be starting soon here)
This gif is how I imagine you eating your feelings...
83e5184c32377ff77ea7b1a217b965ab.gif

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
This is a very accurate representation. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

That’s probably one of the best zaps I’ve seen in a long time and there have been some truly amazing zaps lately. Haunted really knocked it out of the ballpark!

What a incredibly thoughtful and amazing set of zaps!!! Amazing job Haunted. Looks like you might be an upcoming grail slayer! (Also, I hope you have a better week Merlin!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That card is THE BEST! Or is that great zap the best...... I don't know, but things like this are what makes a bad week disappear. Magic for Merlin, Yay!!!!

Wow!! Amazing zaps! Carlotta, you are creative and hilarious!! Great job!

Congrats, Merlin!! Hope that picked up your crappy week haha yay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back