A small display I made when I started

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by tyniburg, Dec 9, 2019.

1. tyniburg

tyniburg New Member

0   0   0

Here is my small display I made myself to hold my initial stitch pin collection and I’ve been slowly purchasing more and more I haven’t had the time to put up (especially super jumbo pins that are a little of an obsession) [​IMG]

Also, quick plug, if you ever see my ultimate holy grail for sale:
    Pin 48489 Disney Auctions - Stitch In San Francisco (Super Jumbo) please let me know!

If you want to know how I made the board, I got some of those weird hexagon shaped cork/foam backed boards from target and drew & cut out the design of the silhouette of stitches head on a piece of particle board (smooth on one side & rough on the other, glued the foam side of the hexagon shaped cork and foam boards to the rough side of the wooden cutout of the head. Once that was done, I cut off the excess cork/foam board and stretched a blue fabric tightly across the front of the board and went ham with a staple gun on the back and yes it doesn’t look super pretty on the back but you can’t even see it when hanging against the wall. Then for an added touch I got little metal grommet buttons and pushed them into edges of the board as a border to also help the fabric stay close to the foam.

I think it turned out pretty well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coblj003 and Patrick like this.
  2. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    123   0   0

Love this! I especially love the Stitch dressed as Tigger pin - too cute!!!!

tyniburg likes this.
  3. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That's very fun! :tigger:

4. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Display is cute! I almost bought your grail a couple years ago. Someone was selling for $175. I asked if it was available, and it was but hesitant to say yes at that moment. The next day I decided to say yes, and by that time, someone else already got it. I sometimes regret it. However, I’m not searching for it anymore due to honing in on my primary and side collections. Good luck!

5. Pintrade_Ray

Pintrade_Ray Pintrader_Ray

0   0   0

Looks great!

6. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

I really like the display. I love how the pins along the ears are the smaller pins while the larger pins are in the middle. Thanks for sharing. It’s always neat to see how people display their pins.