• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A Zap for the History Books!

ZAPPED! A Zap for the History Books!

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
So one of my more niche collections, but in some ways my favorite, is my Pin-Tiquities collection, which in addition to pins from that actual event, I consider an umbrella name for any pin that directly references ancient history, classical art, historical events or periods, that sort of stuff.

One of my most sought after pins (especially after trading for the Queen Elizabeth Minnie with Arendelle) was Pin 92953 Epcot 30th Anniversary – Spaceship Earth Box Set - Donald ONLY. I visited the Sisteen Chapel years ago with my mother and, even aside from any sort of religious resonance, it was literally breath taking and something that as always stayed with me. The sheer awe of the space was palpable.

As for the pin, I had never seen it for sale, no one ever responded to trade requests, I was starting to think it was a myth. So much so, that I posted on FB a bit ago asking if anyone even had it! Let alone was willing to trade or sell. Little did I know, it was making its way to me as I posted that!

Today, I cracked open a sizeable box from docfish2u and in it was a small orange folding box with EPCOT all over it and a large note from Speedwaystar1, saying something about Donald and Zap and quite honestly I didn't read the rest because I was franticallyopeninguptheboxbecauseiknewwhatitwas!!!!!

3459d2ce13b40b76750a819b67fbd8fc.jpg

The surprise LITERALLY unfolded!

ae70080c226c47ec207144ef448f2ea6.jpg

e89071b51d84297d51e65195d19e9518.jpg

Scenes from Spaceship Earth stretched across the background. And in the bottom to tiers.....

9fc149e6051f8bcbce6fe6053c5a9477.jpg

WAS DONALD PAINTING THE CHAPEL!!!! AND CAVE GOOFY!!! AAAAAAHHHH! I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THEY CAME FROM THE SAME SET!!

After flailing via text to Speedwaystar1, he explained that Donald was a Zap for me and a Goofy he wanted to add to a larger trade we had going that he wanted to even out (re: Zap....)

I am literally over the moon. Like, posting this from space. Speedway, you are far too good to me and this is incredibly special. More than you know! I had literally JUST posted about whether or not it even existed, and mere days later it's mine! As a gift!!

AND IT'S NEVER LEAVING THIS TOWER AGAIN.

And thank you docfish2u for being his pin accomplice!! You all are seriously the cream of the crop. And I'm so lucky to be a part of such an awesome family. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go hire some Swiss Guards to protect my new grail (Vatican joke...)

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yowza, that's amazing!!! Congratulations to everyone on a wonderful pin zap and the wonderful pin trading friends who made it happen :wavey:

Agree with Purplemandms - how did we miss that perfect pin? Yes, it belongs on the Art History Thread:donald:

Amazing! Fantastic! Stupendous! Super ZAP of the century. Congrats to all for such a great display of friendship. I had never seen those pins, and the packaging is amazing. Will you display in the package in the crystal vault room in your tower?

::quietly wanders off to add Donald to pinpics::

those are amazing. And yes, the chapel is amazing! Even if the guards are yelling no photo and you're having your friends block their view so you can lay down and get the whole ceiling in one shot.

oh, no one else did that?

::quietly wanders off to add Donald to pinpics::

those are amazing. And yes, the chapel is amazing! Even if the guards are yelling no photo and you're having your friends block their view so you can lay down and get the whole ceiling in one shot.

oh, no one else did that?
You mean the ones that you take by slyly sitting on the benches to the side with your phone face down in your lap and snap pics quietly and somehow have incredible aim?

7051e05684dd9432d29de6c896f9ed9b.jpg

8def875ee0c2ef2ff09f4f3d7230d967.jpg

Nope, not just you. XD

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Woah! The box is so neat! The pins are okay, I guess... ;) No, they are wonderful! What a great zap! Congratulations! (It didn't seem right just to type congrats on this one.)

Back