• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Acme / HotArt preproduction pin

QUESTION Acme / HotArt preproduction pin

Disneychildwithin

No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
So I had won an ACME /HotArt preproduction pin back when they had Facebook sales, but as I'm looking at the pin I see no indication that it's PP. Usually you see the AP or PP, this doesn't. I wonder who I can ask to verify, maybe they made a mistake in thinking it was.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So I had won an ACME /HotArt preproduction pin back when they had Facebook sales, but as I'm looking at the pin I see no indication that it's PP. Usually you see the AP or PP, this doesn't. I wonder who I can ask to verify, maybe they made a mistake in thinking it was.

I have had a few of the Acme/Hotart pins that they claim were PPs or APs and none of them have a mark to indicate it. No idea who to ask... maybe the Pulse Gallery as they were selling the remnants of the Acme/Hotart pins?

If it was during the time period of when they were stamping the Acme pins with the Pinopolis numbers ( a HotArt game that was promoted but never really took off) and there is no stamped Pinopolis or edition number on the back of the pin, then it was supposed to be an AP or PP pin. I have several like that as well.

That was my understanding but not 100% sure that it is completely accurate. That is what I was told though. What pin do you have ? I can check to see if I have it as well. Most of mine have the AP and PP stamped but some do not. I'm also not sure if they have the edition size either but can check if you like.

Did you win that in a Gold Membership lottery that was run by Hot Art and there were several random lottery winners? I won the same pin. No box or card, just the pin. That is so weird.

Last edited:
No, mine was a giveaway during their facebook live online sales. Is yours platinum or gold metal?

I think it is gold but I would have to look. It's been a while. I don't remember it ever being mentioned as platinum. I believe the platinum was the Shanghai edition.

It's a beautiful pin, I need to display it properly, it just bugs me that I have no certificate or proof of it being PP.

I did find the pin and it does have an AP stamped on the back. Additionally, it is the gold metal base. One more thought, I'm not sure if the Super Jumbo framed pins had the Pinopolis numbers on the back of them.

I have a regular starry night as well and it doesn't have a number, it looks exactly like this supposed preproduction.

Back