Advice?

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Matty, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Matty

Matty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Hey everyone. Some here might remember me but I am sure there is allot of new people. My name is Matty. I got the pin bug a couple years ago but I had to distance myself because I was spending to much money haha. Adulting isn’t fun.

I am going to Disney at the end of this month. I have not been keeping up with the pin world. Is there anything exciting I should keep an eye out for? Pins or Disney in general?

I collect chip n dale, Star Wars, Pooh, Wall-e, and Disney afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

This may be a bit obvious, but have you looked up the new Star Wars land in Hollywood Studios? Sis and I just saw pics and a video of it yesterday, and while we aren't into Star Wars at all . . . it looks amazing! wish they would get the rights to do a Middle Earth land! :)

3. Matty

Matty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I sure have. I actually have a reservation to build my own lightsaber and build my own droid!

TheMickeyMouseRules and CCofRR13 like this.
  4. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Super! We built lightsabres at the SW store in Disney Springs. Did them as Christmas presents for friends of ours. That was super fun!

Are you going to do the Ride the Millennium Falcon ride? We watched a video of that, and it looks amazingly cool!

5. Matty

Matty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I’m going to try my best to. It looks amazing!!

6. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Hi Matty! Welcome back!

Have a great time! I found the SWGE in DLR a little boring, but you may enjoy it. Are you going to DLR or WDW?

Stalk the 2019 pin release reference list thread for the newer releases and Merlin posted so many amazing photos of upcoming releases in the regular pin release thread.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

akarih likes this.
  7. Matty

Matty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I am going to WDW.

krand1276 likes this.
  8. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Since they've got SWGE fairly well covered, I'll suggest to look out for all the yummy limited-time holiday treats throughout the parks. Also, I don't know if Epcot still will have Food & Wine or will have started it's Festival of Holidays. F&W, I would consider a must-do; I can't comment on Festival of Holidays as I haven't had an opportunity to try it. The MVMCP always is fun; I've always enjoyed it, but I know some people who don't consider the cost of the ticket worth it.

As far as pins ... I'll tell you what I tell everyone who is looking to get into pins (after a not-so-joking take your money and run). While there always are exceptions, as a general rule, pins make a very poor retirement plan. Pins also come in and out of popularity; what is 'hot' one week, month, year can become ice cold the next. Buy pins that you love and will make you happy, not because you plan to sell them in 50 years and retire from the profits. There are no pins you 'should' or 'should not' buy. If you love the pin and it makes you smile, makes you happy, buy it. If it doesn't, don't get it.

Oh, and don't forget to have fun!

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

Check out the 2019 hidden mickey releases and have fun chasing them. (Hopefully you have a few real, but cheaper Disney Trading Pins to trade and do not need to buy any and break your bank again.)

As a suggestion though for current way to find 'cheap' but real traders... Boxlunch in stores has clearanced out the Halloween Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Minnie pins. I bought 7 of them for $2.50 each today to use as park traders.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    LadyBarclay, krand1276 and akarih like this.
  10. Matty

Matty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Oh I’m not new to pins. I have just been gone for awhile because I was spending waaaay too much money. I do have a very nice board up in the office I enjoy looking at.

It will be very merry when we go and we did get very merry Christmas passes. I have heard it’s a good way to ride some rides.

11. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I know you're not new; I was just addressing your question of whether there is anything for which you should keep an eye out for, pin-wise. I wouldn't bother with what's 'hot' or 'popular' as that ebbs and fades; rather, just collect what you love and makes you smile (which happens to be what I would tell any new collector). I apologize if it came across that I thought you were new.

You're absolutely right that the MVMCP is a good way to get on some attractions with a significantly shorter wait time (without requiring FPs). I've also read that Disney will sell special holiday treats only during the holiday party, so make sure to look out for those.

12. Gwyneria

Gwyneria Member

0   0   0

Hope you had a good time Matty and didn't spend too much (lol I feel your adulting pain!)

Did you try any of the new rides? Was curious on your opinion...