• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

TRADING Alternative to PinPics

TRADING Alternative to PinPics

jjgasman

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
My collection is posted on PinPics, but I have been seeing more traders on different platforms in fear that PinPics will be inactive at some point. Is there one, agreed-upon platform that is being actively managed with regard to data updates? The vast majority of my collection predates 2017 pins, if that makes a difference.

The one thing I most like about PinPics is the Owns/Wants ratio to gauge interest.

Thanks for any help.

I like pin trading database http://pintradingdb.com
It does not have as many pins as PinPics yet (currently just short of 40,000), but it has many of the new pins that are not on pinpics. (I literally have a bin full of pins that are in ptdb and not on pinpics) I am also slowly adding my collection to pin trading database (I have found approximately a third of my pins in the database), they do not have many of my older pins (pre-2005).

Months ago I printed my collection from pinpics. I went through each page and found each pin and put them in a corresponding bin (page 1 into bin 1, page 2 into bin 2...) I then looked for each pin in the new database. As I said I have found a third of them (more or less). I marked my master list, showing that they are in the database. A few were marked with an additional symbol, because they were in the database but a picture was not there. (It is part of a set).

I am going to add my collection first, and then add my traders (le first then oe).

It is not as popular as pinpics, but the ratio is not as inflated as pinpics (how many users of pinpics do not login anymore?).

Pintrading Databse is more useful to me now that PinPics is mostly but not all dead. I have also found that Pin Trader Club and PinandPop are very efficient at being databases as well.

I've been adding pins that I am ISO to PinandPop ahead of the online trading event. I participated in one of them before and it definitely pays to plan ahead. But PintradingDB has a fuller database. I've never done a trade through there but I should give it a try! So many different groups are working on these separate platforms. I don't know which one to put my time into.I met the new PinPics team at Pinchella a couple weeks ago and they were serious about getting the site going again.

Back