• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! An Aulani Favor and Zap from theoucharis

ZAPPED! An Aulani Favor and Zap from theoucharis

GroguFan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm so excited to finally be posting this thread! I've just done a full doll photo story with all of this, which you can see here: https://www.sarahbethonline.com/islandshiregazette/nanea-gets-a-package/

Aulani-Plush-with-Nanea-and-Benny-25.jpg

Most of you know that I'm sort of fascinated by Aulani. :D
Well, @theoucharis was kind enough to do some souvenir shopping for me on her recent trip to Hawaii -- including some visits to the Aulani shops! Such amazing timing, too, because I had some birthday cash just burning a small hole in my pocket. We had some e-mails, and then while there @theoucharis and her daughter were SO kind as to make several trips to Aulani. First, they sent photos of all kinds of things for me to look at. Wow! After some BIG decisions, I had picked out five plush keychains of Duffy, Shellie May, Stella Lou, Gelatoni and Cookie Ann (I had 'Olu here, thanks to @momin.ator -- and the new Lina Bell, thanks to eBay.). Wow! After literally years of wishing a dreaming about having this set, here was a picture showing "my keychains".

i.php

I've had that as my computer background for weeks now and talk about cheery happy points in the day! Just look at the cuteness.
I'd also selected a Cookie Ann pin special to Aulani, which was really exciting -- because no matter how long it's been listed on PinPics, we've never been able to get a successful trade. Definitely a grail pin for me!!

Part of the way through the trip, I got another e-mail saying that they had found a shop selling Hawaiian dresses for American Girl dolls. Wow! These plush keychains were all purchased for my doll, Nanea -- who is just a bit pampered -- so, how could I say "no" to a real Hawaiian dress as another souvenir, right? @theoucharis was kind enough to take pictures of all different dress styles for me to pick from. It was almost like being there! Here's the dress that Nanea picked. ;)

20220801072959-534ebad9-la.jpg

And once they were back from the trip, they were super-quick to sort through everything and mail the box. We all know how hard it is to get back to "normal routine" after a big trip, but they were nice enough to spend part of that time packing up all my souvenirs and mailing them off! When the box got here, it also contained a few zaps (including a couple of really cool little shopping bags straight from Aulani!) -- a pin featuring Duffy and Friends standing in front of Aulani, and the neatest cup/bank from the Dole Plantation. Wow! This definitely gets pride of place on the computer desk.

20220801072958-b6d5d5f2-la.jpg

So, a big thank you to @theoucharis for such a lovely ZAP and the time spent on vacation to help me with this amazingly fun shopping! You made my year -- and you made Nanea and Benny pretty happy, too.

Aulani-Plush-with-Nanea-and-Benny-27.jpg

Back