• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

an introduction from another collector

Status
Not open for further replies.
an introduction from another collector

ashkai

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hello there,

I'm new and just wanted to stop in to say hello to all of the rest of you.

I've been hunting down pins in slowly spaced out semi-bursts over the last 18 months. My collection is mostly stitch with misc pixar pins making up most of the rest of the balance. I'm in love with the new Brave pins.

I live in Ohio (landlocked away from either of the parks here in the United States) and don't really know where or how to find out about pin releases so I'm finding pins from before and even during my collecting time that I've simply missed out on.

As an example of this: I only found out about the modern princess pins this week (the set is shown at: http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=85994&sid=6276.1325684259 ) and I know the following about them:
1) they were "cheap" for 10 of them at 200.00 usd
2) they are now over 1000 usd on ebay
3) The set was very, very limited at 150. Thus causing an insane demand though collectors.
and...
4) They're absolutely gorgeous and I will never -ever- justify buying them for such a price.

So i'm trying to find out about pins as they come out instead of backtracking to 2007 or so (or yes pre-2000s) to find that one pin I must have.

I think that's about it about my pin collecting. I'm fairly simple like that.

Otherwise - I'm boring, but I try to be polite. I collect Monster High dolls as well, and just got my first post childhood disney doll (Brave again).

I have pictures of my current meager collection (minus a few that are not yet displayed), but I'm not yet well versed enough with forum rules to know if they exceed attachment limits or the like. :(

Welcome! As a new collector / trader, I know I don't really have the collection to trade much in terms of the 'wow' pins. But everyone starts somewhere and if you get some nice LE's and keep them for a few years, you'll also have the goods to trade with a whole new round of pin traders. :)

How Do You Do and welcome to the forum. This should be a perfect place for you to learn more about everything pins as well as help you on your pin quests and with your pin questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back