Anyone else an LOTR/Hobbit enthusiast?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by stratasfan, Nov 9, 2019 at 7:12 AM.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Doing a pin trade through PinPics, it turns out that we are both LOTR/Hobbit nuts! So, I've been making some fun Tolkien-themed extras to add into my trade package! -grin-

Sis and I have actually made tons of Tolkien themed things, some for selling, lots for keeping! :) Middle Earth art is just so fun to do! Watching the movies is so inspirational for crafting and art, too!

Sis and I also have some prop replica weapons and our bedroom has most of them hanging there!

Every New Year's Day we have our own "Trilogy Tuesday" and watch all three LOTR films back-to-back. With the coming of the Hobbit trilogy, last year we did Middle Earth week and did a movie a night!

So, I just wondered if anyone else on here is a fan of Middle Earth?

Here are some pics of assorted Middle Earth things we've enjoyed making over the years!

I have a hand-engraver, and enjoy engraving rocks, and metal items. We actually got some real Labradorite stones and I made replicas of Kili's from "The Hobbit".

[​IMG]

Here are assorted stones (not all labradorite), of which I've done a variety of designs on! "Friend" in Elvish and Dwarvish, quotes from the books and movies, symbols of different characters, etc.

[​IMG]

Sis is one of the world's leading needle-felters of realistic dolls, and we have been working on making Thorin's company (she does all the felting, and I do the metal/cloth/leather/wood parts). here is a picture of all the completed ones so far:

[​IMG]

Some assorted Middle Earth souvenirs we made, even a felt lembas bread in leaf wrapping!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sis and I make little 3 1/2" dolls out of wool, and we did the Fellowship (as well as lots of others, including Bard and his kids):

[​IMG]

We have a life-size stand-up of Elrond in our family room (Elrond is my absolute favorite!):

[​IMG]

Here are some of our prop replicas, including the Black Arrow which is slightly over 7 feet long. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A few years ago, Sis and I exchanged Christmas boxes with two friends, and we did them all Middle Earth themed! Even the wrapping! Ours to them are on the left, and theirs to us are on the right:

[​IMG]

2. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

3. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Nice! One of my favorite reference books is the Atlas of Middle-Earth. I pore over it every year, especially the Beleriand/post-flood Beleriand sections.

4. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

There are some super cool books out there! Have you seen "Middle Earth: From Script to Screen"? That is an amazing book!

5. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

All of that is really awesome. But the needle felt characters. Just Wow. Sis is seriously talented (as are you). Thanks for sharing!

stratasfan likes this.
  6. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Isn't she amazing! I'm allowed to totally brag, as she's my Sis! -grin- You should see them in real life. They look even more amazing! The wool photographs OK, but not like it really looks. And to feel them!

She's also done a lot of the Dwarves as 6" dolls, which I think look like a traditional European doll! :) I really like the 6" ones, and she is making me some characters from Dickens' Bleak House"!

Here are Dwarves - Thorin in the first film, Thorin in the last film, Nori, Ori, Dori, Kili, Gloin, Bombur.

[​IMG]

Ajk likes this.