• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone else notice the change at the PinPics site??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice the change at the PinPics site??

TiggerSue

Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Maybe it's just me but, when I went to the PinPics site tonight, there was no longer a link to the "Old Site" on the banner.

Anyone else having this issue?? TTFN, Sue

I got a little tutorial and i see alot of the frustrating kinks are being fixed which is great. Now when you send a request the request shows in the PM
You can add or remove on the main pin list screen
use the search bar to find members AND pins just press the drop down menu to choose the topic.
It does not keep removing old search criteria if you want to add a criteria anymore.

Its looking up!

Looks like the old site is being edited down - the My PinPics page no longer shows you trade options (what could I get for...).

If this is the end - RIP PinPics, you were a wonderful resource for many years. :(

I got a little tutorial and i see alot of the frustrating kinks are being fixed which is great. Now when you send a request the request shows in the PM
You can add or remove on the main pin list screen
use the search bar to find members AND pins just press the drop down menu to choose the topic.
It does not keep removing old search criteria if you want to add a criteria anymore.

Its looking up!

Maybe you can help me. I can't figure out how to initiate trade requests or even look up someone's wish list now. I tried to find a tutorial but couldn't. I am not super computer savvy but even a place to start would be great :0)

I keep trying to use new Pinpics to update my lists, but I keep running into frustrations. The current one is no "return to search results." Yes, there is a "back" which takes you to the last page you were on, but sometimes I page through a bunch of pins, adding them to my Owns list, but then I need to return to the search results because I know the next several pins I don't need to do anything with, but there are other ones that I do need to add. Like, for example, I searched Olaf, and added all the WDI pins, by paging through them, but then I needed back to get to search results to go to the Movie Club pin.

PinPics appears to have removed the semi-automated TradingAssistant from the old site. Perhaps as early as today.

Last edited:
PinPics appears to have removed the semi-automated TradingAssistant from the old site. Perhaps as early as today.

I used the old TA last night to send out a couple of TAs. Hopefully it sent my requests.

As stated above, when I checked tonight, you can no longer choose what can I get for trading this pin, ect..

Sad.

Still working on it, I was able to play around on it a few days ago. The developer is going to be at the event so progress has slowed as he is getting ready for the Gala.

Oh, and PP sucks!

Yes it does and I can't wait to see what you have put together!!!!

Still working on it, I was able to play around on it a few days ago. The developer is going to be at the event so progress has slowed as he is getting ready for the Gala.

Oh, and PP sucks!

Oh I just noticed pd numbers on your siggy, are they from your new site?

i find it to be really frustrating they do the big changes the week of the epcot pin event when everyone is trying to get things ready to go/needs quick results etc..

Yes, BIG changes on "old" classic PP site. No more links to "old site" NOR for doing TAs there. :( no advanced warning :( I did get at TA offer this AM, but that may be the last. I have made a few trades on new site, but again find it so much more cumbersome for a NUMBER of reasons. I've tried FB trades, but there are so many DIFFERENT FB sites, and it's just "I have this pin, pls PM me". So very very sad about all of this :( my hobby has just become a tedious job :( sigh

I noticed when I had to look up a pin number for someone. Other than that, haven't visited that disaster for weeks. Sometimes I still get request emails, though.

According to PP helpdesk- All of this was announced on PP sister site, Pin Talk. Guess I'll have to check that site more frequently.

Hi you can still get there it says visit the original site on the lower right side of the home page on the new site I agree these changes right at the time of the Epcot event are very stressful! This is what they said on pin talk about it: 09/01/14 20:23:05 Tags : None So as you may have seen we have made some changes to the website. The biggest one is the removal of the link to the old website on our front page. The old site is still accessible at gallery.pinpics.com and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Now with the Trade Assist working on the new site we have turned off the old trade assistant. This old system worked on an e-mail platform we could no longer maintain. A lot of new e-mail clients were bouncing our messages and marking them as spam. With this change we’ll be able to update and provide some new features to you in the near future. You’ll also note that you can no longer add a pin on the old site, it will redirect you to the new add a pin page. This was for a few reasons, but the main being that images did not load correctly to the new site when added to the old. With this change comes some benefits to you the user. You will be able to upload larger images, add pins faster, and don’t have as many steps to complete for the listing. Lastly, we are working on all aspects of the website. The change has taken some time, and there are still MANY more great additions to come to the site. Please, if you encounter an error, issue, or something that we forgot to bring over from the old site that you enjoy let us know. Please post an image, a link, or details so we can fully investigate it. Thanks and happy trading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back