• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Anyone heard of DSM pins? (possibly authorized to produce Disney pins in Australia?)

QUESTION Anyone heard of DSM pins? (possibly authorized to produce Disney pins in Australia?)

imp

Evil Fairy
DPF Moderator
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I just came across a 6" Haunted Mansion Pin being sold on a certain auction site. The description claims it's manufactured by a company called "DSM" that is authorized by Disney to create and sell merchandise in Australia. It helpfully points out that DSM pins "are not meant to be traded at parks".

The back of the pin is completely smooth except for the 3 letters DSM (in Disney, Star Wars & Marvel fonts respectively). No copyright symbol.

I did a little Googling but I can't find anything about DSM Disney pins. I did find one other website selling the exact same HM pin with the exact same description including multiple typos/misspellings.

Looks to me like a fantasy pin being falsely marketed as licensed by Disney, but I stand to be corrected -?

This is definitely a fantasy pin. The watermark logo and the manufacturing proofs are absolute hallmarks of fantasy makers.

Weird that I can't find anything about their shop, though...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If it does not say (c) Disney on the back, it is neither authentic nor licensed.

That’s what got me googling.

(And how dumb are these people? It seems like if you’re going to falsely claim the licence and mimic Disney’s fonts, you might as well add the (c) Disney )

With so many actual licensed producers it’s going to get very difficult for newer traders to know for sure, especially if a seller explicitly claims they’re “authorized”.

That’s what got me googling.

(And how dumb are these people? It seems like if you’re going to falsely claim the licence and mimic Disney’s fonts, you might as well add the (c) Disney )

With so many actual licensed producers it’s going to get very difficult for newer traders to know for sure, especially if a seller explicitly claims they’re “authorized”.
It's the same as the sellers on ebay who say their pins are "fully tradeable at the parks". Yeah, still doesn't make them real. But P.T. Barnum said it a long time ago... :(

Back