• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are Pin Trader Delight pins lightweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Pin Trader Delight pins lightweight?

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
211   0   0
I purchased a couple of PTD pins from someone on Instagram. The person seemed legit but when I received the pins, I noticed they feel lighter weight than I would expect for a pin of their size. This is my first PTD's so I have nothing to compare them to. They don't have any other signs of being counterfeit but thought I would check. Do PTD pins tend to be lightweight?
Thanks in advance.

I've not heard of many fake PTD's , which ones are you talking about ? A few I have aren't exactly the biggest / heaviest ones
The ones below. The mermaids in particular feel light to me.

37387098554_7aed8083f8_k.jpg
[/URL]image by aaron klein, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm afraid I don't know about those specific ones , I do have a Dr Facilier which is really light .
Perhaps Timeerkat might know more , I'm sure she did pickups of the sisters at least :)

I don't recall any scrapper or counterfeit warnings about any of those specific ones. PTDs can run on the light side, unless they're the new, really large style (like the couples ones, Fear, etc.) The sisters did tend to run lighter, IIRC.

It's hard to be 100% sure without also looking at the backs, but just by how they look in your photo, I'd say they're all legit.

Thanks all. The backs look good (no border, etc) and everything else about them looks right to me (no dimples, not rough, etc). I was just concerned due to the combination of weight and first time trading with an instagram contact, not to mention a type of pin I don't have experience with. But sounds like it's just my paranoia seeping in and these are legit. Yay! My first ptd pins! (With more to come thanks to you!)

No borders? Hmm...usually PTDs have borders. I don't remember if these specific ones do, though...

Would you mind taking a photo of the backs so I can see?

In my experience... I almost always think the PTDs are lighter in weight than other Disney pins. Weight is almost the first thing I consider when I finally have a pin in hand. At this point I have bought ~20 PTD directly from DSSH in Hollywood. If I hadn't bought them from the source, I would have questioned their authenticity also... solely based on their weight. Thus, I think your PTDs are legit... now if they actually were more weighty you might have a problem. Haha :)

FYI: this pin was my first PTD 'purchase'... (I used DSSH event vouchers from the Pixar trading event from June, 2016 and picked this up only to trade it). I remember thinking, who will want this pin... they will all think it is a fake since it is so light.
Pin# 116489

I would say this Jenny PTD was the heaviest I have had in my possession (so there is some variability in weight of these pins):
P
in# 120990

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back