• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Artist Proof Boards at Imagination Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artist Proof Boards at Imagination Gala

pilcrow

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hi all, I'm attending the September WDW Trading Event and it is the first time I've attended any Disney-themed event besides the D23 Expo. I've heard about the famous artist proof boards. How exactly do they work? Are there *only* APs on these boards? When I trade a pin for one on the board, does it get added to the board or is it separated so that only Disney-supplied pins are on the board? In other words, do I need to keep an eye out for scrappers on the boards?

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

They just put whatever is given to them on the boards. Last year the scrappers weren't so bad, but the year before the boards were covered with scrappers. I'll tell you, it really sucks that people bring scrappers to trade for APs at pin events. I truly wish they could turn down people with scrappers.

I found a lot more AP during the special breakfast. They did have a lot of hong kong pins which I liked. My non pin DH was my pin partner this last time and he pulled more AP than I did. I can never seem to ID them. Some one said their method was to look for currently out pins thinking no one would pay full price to put them on a pin board

Two years ago I was pulling as many scrappers as real pins - which stinks when you spend an hour in line to get to the board.

Last year I was pulling more real pins but plenty were just regular pins, non-APs/PPs.

my one experience with a pin board, and I pulled a regular pin and not an AP. I was so sad. the board had lots of scrappers, so at least I avoided those land mines!

Aw, that is unfortunate. Do they at least let you inspect it in-hand before you accept it?
There's no time - you get 1 minute to choose your pins and you're done - off to stand in line again for an hour to try again.

Thank you for the information, everyone!

Also once you pick your pins and they pull them off the board, you can't change your mind.

Ah, that's what I thought, based on the testimonies from seasoned traders that they pulled scrappers. How frustrating. I hope I'm able to guess what is an AP or PP from a distance. If I understand correctly, you get to trade 2 pins per person per turn, so I guess that increases your odds a bit? And aren't there also event exclusive pins on the board like the elephants from Mickey's Circus?

Still, it sounds like fun! At least I've got a chance!

I've always found that the best strategy is to pick pins you like and if they are AP or PP then that just makes it a little nicer. At last years event I was super pleased to pick up the AP of the Chicken Little chaser from the vinylmation pin series from one of the boards, it was a pin I wanted for my collection and the fact that it's the AP means I know it's real and not a scrapper :)

I will +1 with what berrygood just said. Choose ones that you would like to add to your collection and if happens to be a AP or PP thats a bonus, because that minute that they give you never seems to be enough time to choose. Plus they load them so full that you spend so much time looking at all the pins. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back