• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

authentic vs. fake hidden Mickey chaser pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
authentic vs. fake hidden Mickey chaser pins

JayLeeJay

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am wondering if anyone has information on authentic vs. fake hidden Mickey chaser pins - the ones that are all silver, without any paint. Typically paint color or dips, glossy or matte, would be a good indicator, and sharp edges would still be a good indicator for these, but are there other indicators to look for? Perhaps the silver is the wrong shade (darker vs. lighter), lines are too small or too large, etc.? Has anyone come across a fake compared to an authentic chaser pin? Thanks for your help.

I have come across a few fake Hidden Mickey Duffy hat chasers and in my opinion, they all look really close to the real thing. The main way I can tell is the back of the pin. The Duffy hat pins (like a lot of other styles) have a Mickey head pattern imprinted on the back that is normally more flat & goes all the way to the edge of the pin. On the fakes, there's a noticeable border and the head pattern is more raised. I came across some too that the scrapper makers pass off as chasers but that particular pin was never made a chaser by Disney. An eexample is the Duffy wearing a Goofy hat was never a chaser but you'll find them for sale online & in the parks trading so it helped me to familiarize myself with which pins were actually made as chasers. Hope that helps!

The scrapper pins of Chasers have the number for the painted pin on the back instead of the x of 20 depending on the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back