• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

B&tB Character Connection pins - Question

B&tB Character Connection pins - Question

GroguFan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just discovered that they did a Character Connection puzzle pin set for B&tB. Looked them up on eBay, and they are practically worthless pins compared to other CC sets and LE pins I've seen. Why? Were they scrapped? I mean, sellers can't get $10 and basic shipping for pins. Lumiere sold for $5! Whole sets are going for less than $10 a pin. Including chasers! Anyone know why? Usually B&tB pins tend to be more expensive, I find, than other movie pins in sets.

It was one of the earlier sets... I think maybe the 5th or 6th one done. I have almost all of the CC sets and I can say that this set is the most troublesome as far as quality goes. At first I thought they were scrappers, but I've bought a few of each piece from reputable sellers and it's always the same things. The metal edges are rough on most of them, the paint seems just a little off. Also the fit of the pieces isn't the best. The only positive (as you pointed out) is that you can get them fairly cheap. The price on the chasers can fluctuate and go high but if you're patient, you'll find them for a good price. I still have that set displayed on my board but it's really not a good set in my opinion.

Thanks! That's interesting. Maybe I can get a few of the characters I'd like. I'm not after the entire puzzle, but would like some of the characters. Particularly Prince, the feather duster, Lumiere and Cogsworth. Maybe Mrs. Potts, too. But it would be fun to have a couple to add to my B&tB collection.

Here’s my thoughts for what they are worth.

I agree that there were some QC issues. However, I really thought this set was scrapped. (Like the manufacturer ran seconds and sold them?). I bought a few boxes and traded or bought the rest. I completed the puzzle pretty close to the release.

If you go to eBay and check sold listings, you will find the same seller to have sold two sets only days apart - for less than $70. The seller has the lots in plastic bags listed, as well.

I’m not saying that this is proof, but the circumstantial evidence supports that these pins might have been scrapped.

Back