Best Retailer of 2019 Poll- Vote Now

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by mybabykelly, Nov 22, 2019.

?

Which Disney Pin Retailer Released the “Best” Pins of 2019?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. WDI

32.1%
  2. DSSH

14.3%
  3. DEC

28.6%
  4. Shop Disney

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Disney Parks

17.9%
  6. Mondo/Box Lunch

7.1%
  7. Other (Please Comment Below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    221   0   0

What an amazing pin year we’ve had! I’m really amazed at the amount of high quality releases we’ve been getting and can’t figure out which retailer’s selection has been the best this year. So let’s take it to a vote... which retailer ruled 2019 with your favorite releases?

Noteworthy releases-
    WDI Heroe Profiles and Heroines, Villains, Sidekicks

DSSH Beloved Tales, Marquees, Mane and Friends, Happily Ever After

DEC Princess and Pals, Halloween Princesses, Little Mermaid Anniversary

Shop Disney Designer Princesses, Designer Masks, Anniversary sets

Disney Parks Windows of Magic, Pop Ups, Hot Coco Mystery Set

Mondo/Box Lunch Wide Variety of affordable OEs

Jabberwocky likes this.
  2. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    221   0   0

I will start it off by voting for DEC (their fall releases have been reminiscent of DA-quality pins IMO) with Disney Parks taking a close second for their unique releases like the Windows and Cocoa sets.

The disappointment of the group for me is ShopDisney, as they scaled back their limited releases and are such a key retailer for pin enthusiasts who do not live by the parks. Plus their designer concepts were poorly executed and the screen printing was horrendous.

What do y’all think?

3. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I, too, voted for DEC. Mostly because the WDI releases dodged around my collections a little this year. Otherwise, I felt they were pretty even-steven.

I also think Shop Disney was the loser. Very few releases, and the Designer Princess stuff is so sub-par compared to previous years. A big shame, considering how awesome the Silhouette series was.

4. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

DEC won for me. Just from their exceptional internal customer service and great quality of pins. WDI still has better pins, but I feel valued by DEC... That feeling goes a long way.

5. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I'm voting for DSSH as I feel like the variety of pins they release give most collectors a chance to own LE pins for their specific collections. It made me really happy to see some lesser featured movies get marquees and Dark/Beloved Tales. I also thought they did some great series this year; I loved the Mane N Friends and thought they were beautiful. I also thought the Wedding pins were lovely. I think there were some great PTDs, cuties, character blocks, and surprise pins released this year. I will say their live actions pins were a big dud for the most part this year though and almost moved them out of the top spot for me.

It was close though with DEC and the parks for me. There were some great pins released this year across all platforms though; for example DLP releases killer OEs, DEC has some great and interesting designs, and box lunch has some great mystery sets.

6. pincrazy

pincrazy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I would have also voted for DSSH and WDI, but since their cost keeps going up, I'll go with PARK PINS! :p

They've got those addictive Mystery Boxes, the widest range in retail cost, and occaissionally some amazing designs! Although they make the highest LEs, its ok cause they're just more accessible and easier to return/exchange.
    Just soooo many pins, there's something for everyone!:stitch:

Needless to say the event pins, hidden Mickeys, anniversaries for movies, parks, rides, any excuse for a pin they use it!:p

7. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

I voted WDI for designs and quality. (Really, if you haven't seen these in person, you just have no concept of how big and gorgeous and detailed they are!)

However, my second place choice would be Comic-Cons for their Marvel pins - especially the Skottie Young pins, as well as some of the con Figpins - the jumbo Goose is one of the most amazing pins I've ever seen! The Figpins in general are very nicely made IMO.

Fun thread topic! :)

8. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

I have loved a few of the mystery sets released of late from the parks (hot cocoa and the small world holiday trees are great sets!) Great point about accessibility and cost @pincrazy. This view point definitely boosts my estimation of park pins.

At D23 I did decide to go for DSSH pins, so perhaps I should have gone for DSSH above. The fighting princesses series was one of my favorites from DSSH this year.

I do love the quality of WDI, but their D23 releases lacked a bit of imagination (IMHO), … at least for the ones I would have wanted for my collection. WDI and DEC are also not accessible to us non Disney employees, so they get a ding from me here (if I were a cast member, I am sure this would be rated in WDI/DEC favor, so this is totally an eye of the beholder estimation.)

Disney Store has been so-so this year... not a lot I have really wanted for my collections.

Mondo and BoxLunch get kudos for price and accessibility and design. The Funko Pop! Villain mystery set was my favorite from these sources (absolutely adore this mystery set!) Perhaps I should have picked them...

But can't change it now.

Enjoying everyone's take on this topic. Thanks all for sharing.

9. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I think DSSH has been my favorite retailer with the Disney Parks being a close second. Shop Disney is definitely last.

DSSH - Their online releases give more people a chance at at-cost pins for collections and trade. (I like how they are running them now - ). I liked the Wedding series especially for the design and character selection. Also, the pins that I liked from there haven’t spiked so high in price that I consider them unrealistic pins to be able to trade or buy.

Disney Parks - Their anniversary collections - Up and The Little Mermaid (with Princess and the Frog in December) have been nice and affordable. As others have mentioned, the higher edition sizes are a plus in that they are more available. The puzzle sets - Up and Mulan have been really nice quality and character choice has been good. The mystery boxes are fun. Plus, three waves of Hidden Mickey pins. :D

Shop Disney disappointed me for the most part. I went almost a year without buying anything from them. I do like the PatF anniversary boxed set. I just think they can and should do better pins. I wish they would do a subscription service again with these parameters - low LE (300), in a series, people sign up in advance and are selected by lottery each month, they run the rsp the same day each month and winners are notified within 24 hours, the sign up is one per email and address, cost around $25 and shipping, and size around Silhouette size with a little bit better quality.

I will not deny that WDI and DEC had pretty pins, but they are a rarity or splurge for me. :rolleyes:

10. DDCakes

DDCakes Active Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

WDI won out for me because I loved the Sleeping Beauty 60th Anniversary pins.

pincrazy, summerskin and slbrabham like this.
  11. WeRLegends

WeRLegends Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Disney Parks pins were great this year, so that’s probably my favorite. Some of the monthly series were beautiful and sold out quite fast. DSSH comes second for me. Some really cool PTDs were released in 2019-loved that 626 one, and their regular releases always looked top notch.

I’m a big fan of Figpins and they had some great Disney pins as well. I love the screen printing detail on them and availability to get them at various retailers.

Loungefly/Boxlunch had a nice variety that allowed more people to experience Disney pins when far away from the parks, so kudos to them.

ShopDisney was a huge disappointment. I think I bought 1 pin from them all year. I’d like to see them bring back ParkPack.

Of course, the WDI and DEC pins are very beautiful, they’re certainly a rarity for me as well.

slbrabham likes this.
  12. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Figaro Fan >^..^<

Rating - 100%
    157   0   0

I think my favorite sets from this year have been the Eleonore Bridge Pins from DLRP.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hannahland, Jabberwocky and akarih like this.
  13. 76Disney

76Disney Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I also loved the WDI Hero profiles and Heroines...particularly timely right now!

akarih likes this.