Blue Centaurette Pin - Gold Prototype?

Discussion in 'Help me Identify This Pin!' started by ElleSturm, May 15, 2019 at 12:50 PM.

1. ElleSturm

ElleSturm New Member

0   0   0

Hello! I am trying rather hard to figure out if this Fantasia centaurette pin I purchased is legitimate or not. Has anyone ever heard of there being four golden prototypes (before the black LE 250 were produced) or did someone invent that notion entirely and fake this golden version of the pin? I can't find any record of there having been four golden prototypes. Also not sure if this helps but it's a disney auctions pin. Everything seems to be identical except for the color... but I'm also not the greatest at this. What do you guys make of this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

I'm no help as I have no idea on your question, but that is such a gorgeous pin!!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

3. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Looks legit and yes, different color metal prototypes were created for a lot of the DA pins. Just because it isn't on PP doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

4. akarih

akarih Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That's gorgeous wow!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

As posted in your other thread:

Yup, looks fine. Back in the day, DA created and frequently sold prototypes of the two alternate metal colors from their released pins. So, if the pin was released on black metal, they would also have gold and silver prototypes. Or if it was released on gold metal, it would have black and silver prototypes, etc. Later in their run and into the DisneyShopping.com and DisneyStore.com era, they would have artist proof sets (sometimes marked, sometimes not) of all three metal colors that would be released together.

You've got the pin with the COA, you're good.

watzshakinbacon and momin.ator like this.