Breaking News: Chip ‘n’ Dale Original Series is Coming to Disney+

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by DisneyJ, Jun 11, 2019.

1. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

[​IMG]
    Breaking News: Chip ‘n’ Dale Original Series is Coming to Disney+

By Beth Deitchman

Everyone’s favorite trouble-making chipmunks—Chip ‘n’ Dale—are making mischief in a brand-new Disney+ original series. It was just revealed at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival that Chip ‘n’ Dale is currently in production for Disney+. The seven-minute episodes will chronicle the beloved little critters’ adventures in the big city through nonverbal, classic-style comedy. Disney’s London-based animation team partnered with the award-winning Parisian production studio Xilam Animation to develop the series, which combines a traditional style of animation with contemporary, comedic narratives. Jean Cayrol directs Chip ‘n’ Dale, and Marc du Pontavice serves as producer.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  2. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I'm sorry but I don't like this new animation style they're using for the Fab 5 characters and now Chip and Dale. The "new" Fab 5 style looks like they're on drug benders and this looks more like Ren and Stympie than Chip and Dale. It's a no from me.

3. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

[​IMG]

4. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This is.... a really weird animation type, I agree, it's a no from me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

I absolutely agree. It just looks like quick and cheap animation. I will pass as well.

6. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Ditto to all the stated above.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    541   0   0

Yup. Hard pass. :/ It's a shame, because with the success of Ducktales, I thought Disney finally figured out that having good, high quality animation was worth it. Bummer!

8. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

While I don't disagree with anything said so far, my kids are gonna love it. :)

coblj003 and krand1276 like this.
  9. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Member

0   0   0

I appreciate the return to pie eyes and more mischievous humor instead of sanitized humour, but the style is so ugly when in motion. Most of the faces and poses are grotesque and the characters are a tad too obnoxious. You can make them naughty but also loveable, Disney. Daisy is absolutely despicable in the newer shorts. Wish they'd kept the style of Epic Mickey. Thought that was great.

That said, it should be hard for them to mess up chipmunks so hopefully this turns out cute!

krand1276 likes this.
  10. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

I just reread the synopsis. Non-verbal? I’m very torn on that. When our niece was staying with us, we watched lots of stuff. She wasn’t really into the classic Chip n Dale (so sad). But we saw a Pete the cat movie for about 5 minutes. Pete didn’t talk, though other characters did, and it felt weird. But strangely, I LOVED Shaun the Sheep where there is almost no dialogue at all. I guess it’s going to depend on how clever the writing is.