Can you file a chargeback whenever?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Randakinskywalker, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I'm not going to go into details, but a pin creator off insta ghosted everyone and deleted their account on instagram. I only received one of the pins promised, and I paid over $40. Unfortunately the transaction was from April of last year so any buyer protection via paypal is moot. I already reached out to them. Has anyone had success filing a chargeback for such an old payment? It was a lot of money for me and to be quite honest, I don't want this nasty person to get to keep my money. ): Please delete if not allowed. I won't name any names as to not break forum rules. This question is purely regarding chargebacks, not ethics or debate about the scammer.

akarih likes this.
  2. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Usually six months is the deadline but ask your credit card company.

starry_solo likes this.
  3. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    212   0   0

Thank you for making this thread. I didn’t know “chargebacks” were even possible. Had something sketchy happen to me recently. I bought tickets in June for a lantern festival, event was in November, put it in my calendar and didn’t think about it until the day of the event. On event day, I went to check my email for the event address and found emails in my spam that the event had been “cancelled” and instead merged with an event the weekend prior. They offered refunds in which I requested but haven’t heard back from them in two months and haven’t received a dime.

I figured I would have to take the loss until I saw this thread. Wellsfargo was really helpful and receptive today, said they would freeze interest on it and will open up a claim for the full amount. Didn’t matter that the tickets were purchased back in June it seems.

I will update as the claim progresses.

4. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Oh you're so welcome! I'm glad someone could get something out of this mess. I still have to call them directly but my account can't find the transaction at the moment. Chargebacks are sometimes necessary when things go very south and have strayed outside a window of refund, or if it was with a single person or small company with no buyer protection.

5. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    212   0   0

I was able to find my transaction on my monthly statements that Wellsfargo makes available via my online account.

Tbh the banker I spoke to found the transaction for me. I told her the amount and company name and she found it herself, even though I had the transaction number. Hope that helps!