Zapped! CanaDaLE!!! Oh my! Aw, shucks!

Discussion in 'Pin Zaps & Swaps' started by krand1276, Jun 24, 2020.

1. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

So, it's been an odd day. The code for the gate wouldn't work so I could get into work's parking lot this morning. Came home and made raspberry jam from a bowl of fresh raspberries my neighbor grew (yum!). Gave myself a steam burn while canning (boo!).

So, I went to sit down to nurse my burn and listen for the lids to pop (isn't it such a satisfying feeling to hear those canning lids pop?!). My husband had checked the mail earlier and put mine on my seat. There was a package from @CanaDaLE sitting there. Yay!!!

Thank you so much! The masks are super cute! All those poor, unfortunate souls that will be jealous of my gorgeous mask!!! And the sweet Mickey Mouse one! These are super amazing, especially since our governor declared mandatory masks starting this Friday. Now I have extras to swap out while I wash the other.

And not only that, but she also included one of her gorgeous charm bracelets! These are so beautiful. You are so talented! Villains!!!

Thank you again! This was such a generous and thoughtful zap! [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Super Zap! How fun! @CanaDaLE - your charm bracelets are so cool!

@krand1276 - There is something so satisfying about canning lids popping! When they do pop, that is! Nothing more deflating than when they don't! ;) We need to do some dill pickle slices soon! It's the salsa that gets a serious production around here, though!

Connies_Hobby and krand1276 like this.
  3. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

So true! Lids that don't pop is a horrible feeling. Salsa, yum! We have two peach trees next to our house, so I'm usually canning peaches. I just pulled a bunch of the canned items from last year out. Lots of peach salsa, peach jam w/ pineapple sage, and zucchini relish. I'd love to do actual salsa sometime!

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Love it all, but that charm bracelet is amazing.

krand1276 likes this.
  5. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Love the masks and the bracelet ~ Congrats!

krand1276 likes this.
  6. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

Congrats!:chip:

krand1276 likes this.
  7. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

That's awesome!

krand1276 likes this.
  8. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Peaches! How fun! About ten or fifteen years ago, bad weather ruined the peach crop in Ohio, and prices per bushel rose to above $80. They've hardly dropped since, so we haven't done peaches in years. Actually, every few years, Sis and I want to make a peach pie, and we wait for a sale at the normal grocery store. :eeyore:

We do a loooooot of salsa. Used to do pure tomato salsa, but now we do a tomato-zuchinni salsa. Acts just like tomato salsa, but is cheaper and gets zuchinni in the diet, too! Also, we can do it before it gets so super hot, as we can do it a full month before the time to get enough tomatoes for plain salsa.

9. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

Those are great! Congrats!

krand1276 likes this.
  10. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

I'm thinking I might have to ask you for the tomato-zucchini recipe. Sounds yummy!

Anyway, here's a picture of the raspberry jam. It turned out so pretty, I wanted to share.

[​IMG]

11. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

We have a friend who makes Raspberry Salsa. Your jam looks awesome. I love the bracelet @CanaDaLE.
    How do you drill the pins?

12. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I use my Dremel with the 1/16 drill bit

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  13. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Congratulations on such an amazing zap! Those masks are so cute and that bracelet is beyond adorable! And your jam looks gorgeous @krand1276 - I don't blame you for sharing pictures.

@CanaDaLE I think you did a fantastic job with both masks and bracelet; I had no idea you were so talented with crafts!

pincrazy and krand1276 like this.
  14. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Thank you, I find crafting in general relaxing.

pincrazy and krand1276 like this.
  15. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    320   0   0

So cute! Congrats!

krand1276 likes this.
  16. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Congratulations :)